Wind flag pivot pin adapter

j3x44

I purchased light stands to mount my wind flags on; but you need a pivot pin adapter to convert your light stand. Does anyone know where to purchase the adapter.

Flying Fish Fundamentals makes adapters that will fit 1/4 x 20 and w/ whatever pin you need for your flags.

David

Why not pull the 1/4-20 camera mount (aluminum) out put it in a lathe and drill it for a 1/4 or 3/16" dowel pin which ever your windflag requires...it is very simple...I did it..;)

Eddie in Texas

If you drill the top of the light stand with the right size hole, a brass .30 jag with the spear point makes and excellent pivot pin.

What I did/or found... When I removed the plastic panhead camera mount, I found the camera mount was attached to a solid round aluminum pillar mount base. I drilled (with a power dirll) and threaded a 1/4" female hole (set of hand taps) in the base an inserted a 1/4' all-thread. Then I screwed on one of Rick Grahams 1/4' nylon flag pivot mounts. This took me about 10min per stand to do after I determined what I was going to do. I didn't need a $15,000 lathe to drill and tap a hole....

I have saved the panhead camera mounts for the future. All I would have to do is unscrew the 1/4" all thread and slip the mount back on, tighten down the set screw and I would have camera stand again. I got the camera tripod from B&H Camera for $25.10 each plus freight ( invoice attached).

I determined pulling the aluminum base out would possibly cause damage to the stand and render it unusable.

Attachments

• Pat-0000.PDF
    123 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:
Back