Wind drift 6BR V 6/6.5x47 ?

a.JR

Hi all ,Is the wind bucking ability with the extra speed of the 6x47 over the 6 BR worth changing cartridges.. I don't think anyone will argue with the great accuracy of the little one with the 100--107s.. In the real world my come ups to 1000yds with my heavy gun don't equal the charts i have looked ,so i was hoping for some real world resting that compared the wind drift over a variety of conditions .. Oh and if you at one with the wind gods ,will the 6BR shoot smaller than it's bigger cousin..JR..Jeff Rogers

Jeff
This is just my opinion.
If the 6BR don't work for you go to the 6 Dasher.
Lynn aka Waterboy

a.JR, myself and some other higher scoring (Queens winners in OZ, and other good shooters inU.S) F class 6x47 shooters have drifted away from the 6x47. While some have got theirs realy humming, the others I have spoken to have said that they are not as consistant, sometimes being great, other times, off the boil. The usual complaint seems to be occaisional low fliers, just down into the 9 ring, taking what would have otherwise been a 100 into a 98 or 99. The 6BRs and 6 Dashers I have seen usualy have a better verticle. A few have said it was possible the barrel was worn more than they expected, causing the low fliers, or it could be the longer powder column not always working so well with the small primer.
My latest toy is a 6BR which in its 1st outing, just running in the barrel and fire forming, has already shot better groups than my 6x47 did, but if you have a 6 dasher reamer and dies for sale, I might be interested.

Back