Winchester 52D

AZ_Win52

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a custom barrel for my 52D? It currently has a blued heavy barrel on it. It shoots well but I would like to see if I can improve on the accuracy at 100 yds.

any of the barrel makers that has rimfire barrels listed. after that is your choice of smith to install if not doing it yourself. but doing so would ruin the value of that 52d if it is still all original. has it been bedded? how is the crown? have you had anyone look down the barrel with a borescope? Carbon deposits just ahead of chamber can mess things up pretty good.

Last edited:
When I bought the rifle back in the late 80s a collector told me it was a 60% finish gun. There was a lot of build up in the barrel then that looked like it might have been rust. Thorough cleaning after each shooting session eventually revealed a bright clean bore. The crown looks good and the rifle shoots better than I can. It has an aluminum Al Freeland adjustable buttstock plate and an accessory rail in the forestock. Other than a stock refinish and touching up the bare metal pits in the barrel with cold blue the rifle is in the same state as when I bought it. It would be nice to maintain as much value as I can but I'm wondering just how much that really is given the previous owners neglect of the rifle.

It may be more valuable as a fine shooter than as a collectible. It that is the case then my efforts will be towards making it look as good as it shoots.

Back