Winchester 52D build finished

F

Frank Green

Just finished putting this together recently. Started out as a completely stripped receiver. Had to get the stuck bolt plunger/lock out of the receiver and replacing that. Found a bolt guide and a 52C bolt from a tip here on BRC. So thanks again for the tip. Got the stock from a guy in WA. Picked up a Kenyon trigger for it also. Of course we made the barrel. Duplicated the 52D heavy contour. Made the barrel with 8 grooves, left hand twist and is a gain twist as well. My spec. match reamer. Had Steve Kostanich install it for me. When I got it back I d&t the barrel for the scope blocks (original 52's) and the new dual step front sight block and also got a NOS Redfield rear sight mount from by old buddy Roy for $15. Andy helped me a little with making the recoil lug that I wanted to fit to the receiver to try with my bedding. Inletted the stock for the new lug and had to strip out the old bedding and rebedded the whole works. Turned out pretty nice. The barrel has only 50 rounds on it and I tested it originally in my test stock before doing all the work to the nice one. Thru the Refield sights on for the picture. For using the irons I have a Anschutz for the front and will pick up a Warner for the rear.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Frank,

It looks as though you have put together a NICE combination .

Are you going to offer that barrel configuration ?

Jim

Frank, may I ask, what's the twist rate and gain amount? Are you doing 4 groovers currently?

Frank, may I ask, what's the twist rate and gain amount? Are you doing 4 groovers currently?

I can't say when the next run of RF's would be.

We've made mostly 4 groove, 5 groove and 6 groove barrels in the past. I would say the most popular has been the 4 groove and 5 groove (don't make/offer 5R barrels in RF).

The twist rate on that barrel goes from 16.5 at the breech to 16 at the muzzle. So it's a .5 gain in twist.

Later, Frank

Back