Win 52A

B

Brooky

I have a chance to buy a 52A for a decent price. Is this model any more/less desireable than a B or C? I will not be shooting competition but I would like to have as much accuracy as I can within my budget.

its been a while since i saw one on the BENCHREST FIRING LINE. maybe you could ask on a forum where they are shot.....factory.

mike in co

or better yet ..maybe a moderator would move it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Triggers got a lot better on the later models. The barrel band went away, too. As shooters, the later models tend to be better.

You may get...

I have a chance to buy a 52A for a decent price. Is this model any more/less desireable than a B or C? I will not be shooting competition but I would like to have as much accuracy as I can within my budget.

a better answer on the rimfire forum.

win52A

Like many models the win 52 A was for designed to meet the NRA national matches. The standard rifle at the time in the military was model 1917 enfield or the spring field with a ladder sight. That set the design for the 52 A for national Matches in the NRA. As things changed the model B came out with a peep style sight and the same trigger.{ clip fed } The model C was the next model to show up{clip fed but with a micro motion trigger.
The next model was the 52 D This one is a single shot with the micro motion trigger { peep sights and a different design on the stock like the B model. The last model was the 52 E. This one had a free rifle stock for the olympics also made with the marksmen stock like the D . These had a recess crown that was very deep. The Very last ones winchester made were marked E but were mostly left over part from the D and E models .
These had the standard marksmen stock. All models had very good barrels that were cut rifling . The big difference is the trigger.
There are no after market triggers made on a commercial scale for the 52 C D and E. They can be tuned though. For a while Canjar Made a fine trigger but now they refuse to make any. Karl Kenyon still does a few for about $300.
I sure wish someone would make a reasonable trigger for the B C and D models . If you find a D model with a really good trigger , that would be the one to use. { Just my nickels worth, and i hope it helps} They are fine actions

Back