Williams precision actions??

skeetlee

Anyone know anything about the Williams precision rifle actions that are for sale in the classifieds? Never read anything about them. I am thinking that one of those actions would make for a fine prairie dog rifle?? Lee

Hi Lee,

Did a fair amount of searching for this particular action. Turned up zip.
Sounds like if you want to find out more you might want to call the seller.
If you do find out information about them, write us a line.

Cheers,

Phil aka tazzman

Are these supposed to be current manufacture? Back around 1969 there was a fellow by the name of Bill Williams from Cleveland, Texas who was one of the early 17 cal. bullet makers. He also claimed to be a custom rifle maker and if memory serves me correctly he made a few actions. He used to advertise in some of the early Rifle magazines.

Williams Precision INC.

Dont know if its the same Company,but in 1996, I contacted a Williams Precision Inc. That was located at Stone Mountain,Ga

I was shopping around for a custom built hunting rifle to impress my hunting buddies.

I still have my notes. I spoke to a fellow named Jim Williams. In 1996, the Williams SR hunting Action sold for $690.00. A complete rifle on their SR action sold for $1,690.00. According to my notes, the receiver was designed to be" super rigid". The receiver is 1.420 in diameter. Hand lapped for optimum fit. Another builder offered a much cheaper price to build a complete Rifle at the time ,so I opted for the savings.

Glenn

Where these the same actions that Jim Williams had Time Precision (Art Cochie in CT.) make starting in the mid. 1980's? Looks like them.

This is the same Williams that is selling the bullets in the reloading section of classifieds. He is 80 years old and does not "do" computers. You must call him. I bought some bullets from him and the deal went really smooth and he was fun to B.S. with on the phone. I have his number you need.

Tim

Jim Williams of Grayson Georgia. He is 80 yrs old and does not do computers. He is a nice guy and will be glad to answer ???'s. I ordered a couple thousand bullets, he was very nice to talk to.
s

Anyone know anything about the Williams precision rifle actions that are for sale in the classifieds? Never read anything about them. I am thinking that one of those actions would make for a fine prairie dog rifle?? Lee

Jim Williams from Georgia built a rifle for me in 2006. I don't remember what action he used, maybe his own build. The chamber is a 22 Hawk. It was Jim's chamber as I understood it. It is a modified 22 PPC. The body lengthened and neck shortened. The case has a double radius something like a Weatherby. It is a real shooter. Well under .2 MOA any day. I load 28 grains of H322 with a 52 grain Berger. Sometimes I give the rifle a rest for a year or so at a time but I always go back to this favored toy. I shot it today and got a 5 round group under .15. I found this thread because I did a search for Williams Precision which is engraved on the Barrel.

To the best of my knowledge, Mr. Williams had Time make some actions for him. I know that he imported a large number of Suhl .22 rimfire rifles and had Tim Mc Whorter restock them and test them for accuracy. Many are still floating around and winning matches. Good shooting...James Mock

Back