Will change of primers change POI ????

Worker

Shooting a AR-15 25.6grs of Bench mark have been using Fed Small rifle Match. Ran out !!!! Now using W-W small rifle standard. Loading up ammo to hunt coyotes in the Nevada desert next week.

Primers

It could, as winchester primers in my experience run a little hot. They work real well in hunting loads, even with slow burning powders. At reasonable ranges it shouldnt make much diffrence. Longer ranges in the 250 plus could be a diffrent story. Remember a change of a 1/2 inch at 100 is a 1 1/2 inch at 300.

Good hunting

Last weekend, after an IBS Score match, which I shot 250-20X (not bad), I discovered that I had mixed primers in my loads. Part of them were WSM and part were Federal 205. I saw no difference in the point of impact.

Adrian

I won't say it will change in your gun but I've seen it change in mine. Close to an inch. Rifle still grouped well but the group was well away from where I was expecting the bullets to hit. These were identical loads except for the primer.

Very little POI change

Shot that ammo at range today. Very little POI change,Nevada coyote won't know the difference.

Back