will a choate stock fit my savage 111

C

chad stenger

i have a savage 111 30-06 with out accu trigger and has a detachable mag will this fit a choate ultimate sniper? i do not mind having to change the stock a little my self and if i do what kind of changes will i have to make? also i am looking for a heavy barrel for it i have been looking at hart and shilen barrels both i heard are good but i want the one that will give me the best accuracy with the best price, any advice is well taken.
Edit/Delete Message

What type of shooting do you plan on using the Choate stock for? I bought one for my Mod. 70. Well made, but like carrying around a 50 BMG. :eek: There are alot of other stocks that may be a better choice, but may be more expensive.

gt40

savage stocks

you see i am not really willing to go to high in price and i have heard a lot of good things about the savage and i realize it is heavy and i do, do a lot of hiking when i shot but i am young and pretty strong so i think i can handle it. because B&C dose not make a stock for long action and mcmillan is a little over priced for me if there are any other stocks for a good price please let me know

If you don't mind doing a little work take a look at one of these. You might be able to get one for less than a Choate. And you can be proud how beautiful it will look. You can get them as a drop in and finish the outside.

I have seen 2 that others sanded and put a Tru Oil finish on them and I was very impressed. One guy said that all he had to do was use steel wool by hand then he very carefully used a drill with a buffer on it to finish it up then he put the Tru Oil on then buffed again and repeated that 3 times. :)

http://rifle-stocks.com/

gt40

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you so much they are very nice stocks and really cheap:D

Back