Wilbur Records update

F

Fatback

Wilbur
Scores of rim fire matches are not a life or death issue. I did not want to write this post but I think the time is appropriate. We in the Rim Fire community have been patiently awaiting your update of the Rule book, World Records and Hall of fame points for now over 2 years. As participants in this sport we don’t ask for much, we don’t get paid anything and we don’t win anything! All we have are the records, score lines and Hall of fame points as evidence of our own personal achievements. We have all invested an extreme amount of time, money and energy in a sport that you have to love just for the sport. At this point in time we aren’t sure which records or rules are correct or current. We don’t know when a possible World Record is shot or if a Hall of Fame point is achieved.
Since Bill Hindegardner bought IR 50/50 we hold him responsible for IR 50/50 problems. We have asked Bill on several occasions about when the records and rules will be updated. It is our understanding that you still have targets and the rule changes and Bill does not have to the records to correct or change them!
Bill told us at the Nationals that he will establish a new data base and move forward from the old records as they stand once this season is over in October if you have not made the correction and additions. That means that the accomplishment of a lot of shooters for at least the last 2 years will not be recognized and Hall of Fame points lost forever. How unfair this would be, especially to those participants and the rest of the Rim Fire community.
The last 2 years have been tough financially for us to travel and absorb the increase in cost of ammo. Look at the number of match participants. The number of participants has been declining and the rest of us hanging on!
We have been patient but I think you have to agree that that a time for patience has passed. What I am asking of you is that you make the corrections prior the end of October. If you cannot make the corrections, please forward the information to Bill Hindegardner and let him move us forward. To not do so is unfair to Bill and to us!

Sam Saunders

So, how is that records update comming Wilbur? Looks like you got the Moderator issue resolved, now how about resolving the issues for the rest of us! 10 days left to get it done. (sounds like the guy I saw on TV today taking his second chance at prediction of THE END.) It would seem that the task would not be a hugh undertaking if one would devote lets say one Saturday or Sunday or both to the task. Are they really can't that many records that need correction or to be updated! Give us a day and fix it Wibur. You also have an out if you don't have or will not give us the time to fix them! Send access, the information and records to Rachel.

When pigs fly!, been waiting for well over a year now to get 2010 straightened out.
Those who paid the money get stuck, management don't care.

Well Steve I had some Pig Wings in Fairchance PA so don,t give up to soon. The records and Hall of Fame Points have been updated! Thanks Wilbur for taking time to do the right thing. We Appreciate it very much. By the way Steve I ain't kidding about the Pig Wings about 200 yards from the range. Made the trip to the National all the more a great experience even if I didn't shoot very well. Thanks again Wilbur.

Do “Pig Wings” Fly?

They Sure Do at Fairchance!! ~ :D
Out of Curiosity I pulled into the parking lot of a BBQ Shack 200 Yards from Fairchance. One car in the lot so I did not even know if they were open? Until a lady came out with her arms loaded with takeout. I asked her if they had any good BBQ & she smiled & said the best around!! Before she could pull away I asked what she thought was the best? PIG WINGS!! She exclaimed as she drove out of sight.
What the heck – Never heard of Pig Wings but I thought I better try one or two!

Well Folks I now know what Pig Wings are & if I am ever with in 100 miles of that little BBQ Joint in Fairchance I will make a side trip just to get some more!

As a sidelight when I go to a match I take all my food with me so I never have to leave the range until I go home. At the Nationals I threw all my food away and went every day to the BBQ Joint & tried something different. I love good Smoked Pork BBQ & I have never had anything to match my dinners North of the Mason Dixon & very few South!

P.S. After I told some of the Shooters at the Match Friday Morning they ran out of Pig Wings on Friday & Saturday!! so get there early or Lose Out ~ :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I scoped that BBQ joint out on the way in on Thurs. Any place called Big Mikes with a big cut-out sign of a pig outside just had to be good. We tried it that first night and I had the ribs with the hot sauce and it was pure heaven. The best BBQ I've ever had - period. Hell, they could charge just to stand in the place and smell. The next night I had the brisket and it was great too. The third night it was back to ribs with the sweet sauce - it was great too. And the sides - I recommend the corn bread highly. That first night I knew I was in for a treat when I saw a local there with the biggest grin on his face just sucking down those ribs. I never did try the pig wings but if those people had smoked shoe leather on the menu I would try it. The shooting conditions at Fairchance were some of the worst I've ever encountered - but I would go back there just for those ribs. They were that good.

I scoped that BBQ joint out on the way in on Thurs. Any place called Big Mikes with a big cut-out sign of a pig outside just had to be good. We tried it that first night and I had the ribs with the hot sauce and it was pure heaven. The best BBQ I've ever had - period. Hell, they could charge just to stand in the place and smell. The next night I had the brisket and it was great too. The third night it was back to ribs with the sweet sauce - it was great too. And the sides - I recommend the corn bread highly. That first night I knew I was in for a treat when I saw a local there with the biggest grin on his face just sucking down those ribs. I never did try the pig wings but if those people had smoked shoe leather on the menu I would try it. The shooting conditions at Fairchance were some of the worst I've ever encountered - but I would go back there just for those ribs. They were that good.

Bill next year same time same place!!!!!
Be sure and try the "Pig Wings" they were excellent!!
Pete

I knew this was gonna be a thread about BBQ. Pretty good I must admit.

I'll tell you, first time @ Fairchance and that was one mighty fine BBQ joint, I will be back.

I wanted to try the pig wings, but Sam got the last ones two minutes before I got there on Sat! The ribs and brisket were pretty darn good though!

Back