Why the XP and not the 700?

M

Mooseyard

I'm wondering why Mr. Calfee converts Remington XP's into rimfire actions and why he doesn't just use a regular 700 action. Aren't they the same action? Is the XP action different somehow? Thanks for helping a new guy understand!:D

Pistol action

Perhaps it's because the XP 100's were originally sold as pistols. It is prohibited to "convert" a firearm from a rifle into a pistol without permission from the ATF. Since the XP 100's were sold as pistols, this is not an issue.

My $.02

SteveM.

The XP-100 is a shortened version of the 600 action. Or since the 600 came out after the XP-100 maybe one could say the 600 is a long version of the XP-100. :D

Perhaps it's because the XP 100's were originally sold as pistols. It is prohibited to "convert" a firearm from a rifle into a pistol without permission from the ATF. Since the XP 100's were sold as pistols, this is not an issue.

My $.02

SteveM.

Ok, I knew he made pistols, and I understand why he had to use the XP receiver on the pistols. I thought he also made XP rifles though.

I guess I'll have to find some Remington guns and have alook at them closer. Thanks Guys.

XP 100 was originally a solid bottom single shot action. Also shorter and possible lighter than 700 and definitely stiffer.

it has better timing

solid bottom and better (faster timing) than a 40x

Back