Who makes the best 204 brass?

It's a hell of a problem. I have only used WW and it takes lots of work. It is cheap though and that helps when you buy it a thousand at a time. If Lapua started making it I'd take out a loan.

Larry M: I am currently using 204 brass by Winchester, Remington and Hornady. I have 4 factory Rifles in caliber 204 Ruger and I get excellent accuracy from each of them.
I have been in at least 5 Sportsmans Warehouse stores and 5 different times I have had Nosler 204 Ruger brass in my basket and had intended to buy it - and 5 times I have "chickened out" buying it because it is just to expensive!
If I get my "guvmint" $600.00 rebate check any time soon (before spring!) I will go ahead and try the Nosler 204 Ruger brass and dedicate it to one of my 204's.
I have not noticed any detrimental attributes of any of the three brands of brass I am currently using.
I simply can't find a reason to recommend you buy one brand of brass over the other (Winchester over Remington or vice versa) - the Hornady brass all came to me as factory ammo back before brass was available.
Best of luck with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I've used every type brass available in the 204 except for Norma. I do have a 20pc box of Norma I bought just to see if they were better than Nosler.
Can't see anything in the Norma that would lead me to believe they're worth the extra cash over Nosler. Haven't shot them yet though.

Even the high priced stuff can be a crap shoot depending on how fussy you are.
Of course the more you spend the less likely you'll get junk. Both Nosler and Norma are pre prepped and weight sorted. Both offer plenty of quality though overpriced in my opinion.
I've heard complaints of Nosler being trimmed to short. Mine weren't.

Hornady has never given me reasons to dislike them. I've shot more Hornady than anything else combined. I'm shooting Nosler now though.

Rem and Win can really seriously let you down at times. I have 600pcs of Win that are completely useless. I have 200pcs of Rem in 223 that are just as bad so I figure that could happen in 204 also.
I also have batches of Win and Rem in 204 that are quite serviceable.

The answer to your question is Norma or Nosler followed by Hornady.

For Win and Rem I would suggest buying a bag of each. Compare them side by side and rush to buy more from whichever lot you prefer if any. Easier said than done I'm afraid:D

Learning proper annealing techniques helps in the long run. With the long freebore in factory 204's consistent neck tension plays a big role. JMO

Back