Which rear bag for Tracker Stock?

Ackley Improved

Guys shooting the Shehane ST1000 stocks, what rear bag are you using?

Since the butt is 0.75" wide, I am curious as to what bag?

I am currently using a 3 stitch Protector, but I want on with a little more weight in it!

Cheers
AI

Ack.,

When I ordered my Shehane MBR I asked Bill about a rear bag. He said to call Protektor and ask for the bag that they make specifically for his stock. He also said "Be sure to get the bunny ear, not the rabbit ear, and have them fill it with heavy sand in the base and standard sand in the ears". When I called, they weren’t sure which one he was speaking of, but said they would call Bill and find out. I still don't know what it's called, but it's big, heavy, yellow and black, and has 3 lines of stitching between the ears. Short answer, Call Protektor. If they're not sure they will get you an answer. Nice folks to deal with.

Do you still have the invoice from Protektor? That may have the item number or description. I have a Shehane stock as well (almost completed) and will need a bag(s).

Thanks,

CW

This thread "forced" me to walk over and take a look at my "mini gator" bag which I baught a couple of months ago. I have 2 Shehane M B R Tracker stocks. My bag only has 2 rows of stiching. I did notice that I need to pound the krap out of my stock to get it to bottom out on the stiches.....but it WILL NOT stay there, and I am constantly tinkering with my elavation during sight in and during a match. Will the third row of stiching fix my problems? I truly feel that I could reduce the time it takes me to get my groups off by a bunch if I could fix my elevation troubles!!!

Thanks,
Tod

Last edited:
edgewood also has a rear bag for the tracker stock that is .75 wide but you have to call them and order it. Mine should be here monday.

Whoa Guys!!!

You are talking about 2 completely different stocks here.

The Shehane MBR takes the Edgewood with 1/2 inch spacing and the taller rabbit ears.

The ST1000 takes the Edgewood 3/4 inch spacing and the shorter bunny ears.

If you use rabbit ears on the ST1000 you will never get it onto the bag and during recoil it will move all around on you.The stock gets wide very quickly so you can't ese tall ears.

If you use bunny ears on the Shehane MBR it will torque too much.The stock is tall and thin and you need more support than the short ears provide.
Lynn

Back