Where to get a tuner?

M

Mooseyard

I need a tuner for an Annie 54. I've contacted Fudd, but I'm also considering a Hoehn, but don't know where to get them. How are the Tuners that Dan Killough sells (Harrels I think?) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Which one do you have and why do you like it? Thanks

I have both a Hoehn (BR50) and the FUDD and like them equally well...the FUDD can be adjusted to accomedate the Sporter stocks and the BR50 has delrin balls that the forearm rides on which makes it illegal for some classes but I believe he (Hoehn) also makes one with the sandbag for the forearms.....
Hoehn: http://www.benchrest.com/hoehn/
glenn (buckeyeair)

Glenn, you might reread the original post. ;)

Hoehn/Harrels tuners seem to be growing as the standard, from what I've seen.

I have both a Hoehn (BR50) and the FUDD and like them equally well...the FUDD can be adjusted to accomedate the Sporter stocks and the BR50 has delrin balls that the forearm rides on which makes it illegal for some classes but I believe he (Hoehn) also makes one with the sandbag for the forearms.....
Hoehn: http://www.benchrest.com/hoehn/
glenn (buckeyeair)

Boy! And I thought I was confused before!? Now I'm really confused, I didn't know tuners even had balls, much less Delrin ones. And just how do you mount the sandbag to the end of the barrel?:D Sorry Glenn, I just had to do it. I do appreciate your view on rest tops though. I have a Fudd top and love it, but now I'm thinking of maybe a Farley

The Hoehn and Harrel tuners look identical. what difference if any don't know. Roger von Aherns has a very slick weight system that will adapt to the Harrell and Hoehn Tuners and will help get the proper tune for your particular rifle much easier than before.

Have used all three in the past, and all three have worked. Personally, been using something different for awhile now.

Scott and Dan are great guys to deal with.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Joe

Thanks a lot Joe. I guess I'll give the Harrel a try. I haven't been able to get a hold of anybody that sells the Hoehn.

Glenn, you might reread the original post. ;)

Hoehn/Harrels tuners seem to be growing as the standard, from what I've seen.
I am confused as to why you suggest I re-read the original post.....??.....He asked for contact info. for the Hoehn and I provided it...he asked for any suggestions and how we liked what we had ...and I gave him my opinion....I must be missing something here----Sorry
glenn (buckeyeair)

They may be refering to the difference between a tuner and a rest..8>)

They may be refering to the difference between a tuner and a rest..8>)
Good grief.........do I feel like a dummy !!!:eek: Thanks Don and ThaiBoxer----Mooseyard, sorry for the confusion..:eek:
glenn (buckeyeair)

The Hoehn and Harrel tuners look identical. what difference if any don't know. Roger von Aherns has a very slick weight system that will adapt to the Harrell and Hoehn Tuners and will help get the proper tune for your particular rifle much easier than before.

Have used all three in the past, and all three have worked. Personally, been using something different for awhile now.

Scott and Dan are great guys to deal with.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Joe

Joe, the Hoehn and the Harrel are the same, both made at Harrel Precision.

Gary

Good grief.........do I feel like a dummy !!!:eek: Thanks Don and ThaiBoxer----Mooseyard, sorry for the confusion..:eek:
glenn (buckeyeair)

No problem! Thanks for the laugh! And yes, I'm laughing with you, not at you:D

Kind of weird how people label something as there own. Remembering when I first got started, was told to buy either a Hoehn or Harrell. Heck maybe Ron engraved his initials somewhere inside, which made it different. :)

The initials are scientifically designed, and completely alter the harmonic resonance, redistributing the null points across a most favorable continuum that overcomes environmentally-based adversities so as to reduce dispersion in the optimal manner.

That's what I heard, anyway.

Get a Hoehn, daddy-o. :cool:

Ben

tuner

What size is the barrel? I've got a new one that I bought just before the first of the year that fits a 40x cmp heavy barrel. It has two extra weights. I sold the gun and don't need it anymore.
Larry

Source

Dan Killough carries both the Hoehn tuner and the VonAhern weight system.

Back