When testing lots, what sort of velocity spread should I test.

CYanchycki

Club Coordinator
So I have access to 5 different lots of Eley. Just wondering if I should try all 5 or is there a range in velocity separation to go with to avoid trying all lots.

I have been shooting 1067 FPS. It appears to shoot quite well in my Feinewerkbau 2000. Have access also to 1043,1053, 1061 and 1074...........

Calvin

In the past I paid fair attention to spreads, no more. It shoots or it don't, sometimes in your gun, you just have to shoot cards and evaluate as well as testing as much as is practical to do.
I,personally have found my best ammo has low spreads, BUT, I do not think that has been a reliable predictor.

Last edited:
Calvin,

The lot that shoots the smallest groups is the best ammo for your gun. Sorry C I just had to say that. Hope all is well in Canada and you are behaving yourself. Sorry I didn,t make the East-West match. I,m kinda a woos when it comes to all the heat.

Johhny in Sunny Ohier

Johnny boy

All is well up in Canuck land.

Missed seeing you at the East/West. Yes it was a warm and humid one but not having in heat up until then was a blessing. Even with the high humidity.

And yes, the one that shoots the smallest.....lol

Looks like I will just have to get half dozen boxes of each and go to town on testing.

By the way John, rimfire score is actually a lot of fun. Less stressful than lugging all that crap around. I sure enjoy CF as well when the groups are small but that appears to be far and in between lately.

Give me a 10 ring and a 22 Rimfire for stress relief.

Take care and see you around.

Calvin

Back