What Would It Be 6BRX-6.5 Creedmoor

40EZXS

Gues the above says it all.Which in your mind is the hot case?
:)

The 6.5 Creedmore is very close to the 6.5x47 Lapua. I would speculate that the Lapua brass will be superior to the Hornady.

The 6BR and any of its derivatives - Dasher, BRDX etc. will make a great F Class round out to 600 yds. - and you have the advantage of Lapua brass.

The 6mm version of the 6.5x47 Lapua will perform out to 1000 yds but you will of course lose out to the 6.5-284 or 7mmWSM etc.

Cheers
Vince (UK)

An improved version of 6mmBR ie; BRX-Dasher etc. is a very accurate cartridge, even out to and passed 1,000yds. Plus it's easy to fire form,and dies are available. Run em up to 3100 fps w/a 105 bullet or slow em down to
around 2900 w/a 115 grainer. Dasher/BRX's are very accurate and recoil is minimal:).

Good Luck & Good Shooting
Gary.

+1 for the 6 BRX out to 1K, fantastic cartridge, no brain damage forming or finding dies.

Options.

NEITHER:D

I push a 139gr 6.5 Scenar at 2900fps out of my 6.5 mystic (my version of the 260AI). This I feel gives the best of all worlds balancing wind drift, recoil, barrel heat/wear, costs. The 6.5 Swede gives near identical performance but I like using 308 Win brass and sharp shoulders.

I feel the 6.5-284 case is not as effecient as I would like. I am duplicating the performance and using less powder. Most VLD 6.5s shoot best from 2800 to 3000fps so a larger case serves me no purpose.

The 6BR and derivatives are a great bunch of cartridges. Wonderfully accurate but will get bounced around more then the above. It also cuts a smaller hole which will eventually mean a missed point.

The 7mm (180gr Berger) offers better wind drift when pushed to 2900fps or faster. But that comes at a much higher recoil, barrel heat, costs, etc.

As they say, there is no free lunch.

Decide how far you will be competing and how much driving you want to do.

Jerry

Back