What to cook Mother for her 70th Birthday

CYanchycki

Club Coordinator
Not shooting related but had to share.

My mother is 70 today. We decided to have a barbecue yesterday for supper with just a few close friends and family. We kept it small. Could not have asked for a nicer evening with temps hovering around 0 deg celcius.

My brother bought $150.00 worth of Rib steaks, bone in from one of his favorite butchers at the local Co-op Grocery store. $150.00 was 14 steaks in all. He did not pay that as the sale was on and got the lot for $68.00. Best steaks I have eaten yet. Have yet to have a bad one. Great Canadian beef....................

I should have taken more pics but this gives you sense. This double boner was an experiment and a successful experiment at that. Injected with home made garlic butter and spices.

Those 14 steaks could have fed the 12 people that were there for 3 meals if ALL were cooked. Enjoy.

The one on the fire was a DOUBLE ribber experiment.

IMG_0543.jpg

Click on second to hear the sizzle of the fire.................... ;^)

Calvin

Last edited:
Calvin,

Thats just mean....... to us. Happy B-day to your Mom, may she have many more bbq's..

Rod

I clicked on the pics....i can almost smell them cooking.........wait a minute....the smell is the ribs browning on the stove here before we put them in the oven. Anyhow soounds like you had a good time. I thought 70, sounds old, until i realized i was born in 1947. Enjoy the times.

Later
Dave

Down in the Southern USA, we would call that grillin'. BBQ is another process revolving around a much longer cooking times and a secret sauce.

Nothing at all wrong with grillin' steaks.

Back