What lighter fluid?

280rem

Sorry for the silly question but what lighter fluid do you use to clean a Jewell
trigger? The kind you put in a Zippo or the kind you start your BBG grill?

Thanks, John.

The right stuff

Yep the type you put in a cigarette lighter. Here down under that type of fluid is sold by Shell oil under the name of Shellite. Its correct name is petrolium ether. I believe the type used in BBQ's is called decahydronaphthalene.
Andy.

Al I believe that the Rosonol is better than the Zippo due to the film left behind that is a bot oilier.

Clarence

I like Zippo as compare to Rosonol in both lighter and to clean the Trigger.

Al I believe that the Rosonol is better than the Zippo due to the film left behind that is a bot oilier.

Clarence

I believe the idea of using lighter fluid instead of oil was to avoid a film that would collect dirt. The stainless polished parts need only to be kept clean.

I believe the idea of using lighter fluid instead of oil was to avoid a film that would collect dirt. The stainless polished parts need only to be kept clean.

i was told that all Jewel triggers are 'dishwasher safe', use a renewable energy source, and are carbon neutral.

i was told that all Jewel triggers are 'dishwasher safe', use a renewable energy source, and are carbon neutral.

In that case EPA will likely ban any and all triggers that aren't Jewells. :D

Back