What is your thoughts on this rifle

ArtinNC

I'll I know is it has a Rem 600 action . Is this just someone's tinkering or would this work .
And thanks for all replies .

Attachments

• DSCN3378.jpg
    DSCN3378.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCN3380.jpg
    DSCN3380.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN3381.jpg
    DSCN3381.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 274
I guess

If you were only going to use 1 screw to affix to the stock and leave the tang floating and loose. Let us know how it performs and Aggs out with the 1 screw.

Calvin

I'm not doing that , it a gun a I saw on a forum . And I have never seen that done before only the action end of the barrel is bedded action and the rest of the barrel floats .

"work", yes.... "accurate", no.

IME

I've got series on my youtube channel where I test something similar

Not sure if it's being used or not but there's a screw hole at the tang in my pic. I didn't see it either, at first. So yes, I'd say it'll work but I'm a proponent of fully floated barrels, fwiw.

Darrel Holland did a lot of those style rifles in the 1990's. I shot a couple of them in 22BR and 6BR. They shot very well for live varmint rigs....just like a well done conventionally bedded rig would. -Al

alinwa , I'm talking about it working for a Beachrest rifle . And I agree with you .

One of the series I've documented on youtube is my oddysey to "make a bolt-in shoot like a glue-in"

One of the guns is/was built to be shot using 1-screw, 2-screws, up to a 4-screw setup snd with varying methods including free-floating the action and the difference(s) is/are quite clear.

One of the series I've documented on youtube is my oddysey to "make a bolt-in shoot like a glue-in"

One of the guns is/was built to be shot using 1-screw, 2-screws, up to a 4-screw setup snd with varying methods including free-floating the action and the difference(s) is/are quite clear.

"make a bolt-in shoot like a glue-in"

Al enjoys leaving people in the dark... good thing for his videos

Back