what is the datum diamater of the 6mm lapua br case and the datum diam of the 6mm br remington case.

me thinks you would have to ask the makers.
all else would be measurement of bought samples, which could vary.
( saami drawings are specs with datum points, but they do not make cases nor ammo, nor reamers)

Along with the original Remington .308 URBR brass, there were/are numerous versions of the 6mm BR case: just above the extractor groove, via micrometer, all of the various cases manufactured by Remington, which I have had - 6MMBR; 7MMBR; Re. B.R. (small rifle primer .308), or, URBR - measured between 0.463" and 0.464" diameter. LENGTH can also be an issue - note the, "NOTICE . . ." on the accompanying pic - some serious confusion introduced there!! o_O

The LAPUA and Norma manufactured brass usually measures 0.469+" just above the extractor-groove. The brass stamped R-P BR REM is the full .308 length, URBR stuff. Of course, the Remington made brass (DIAMETER) will fit into a LAPUA/NORMA chamber, but not vice-versa. Again, LENGTH may be a factor, and MUST be accounted for!!:eek:

I'd bet that the Rem. MARKETING brass couldn't accept having the 6BR NORMA moniker included on their box!! Oh, to accommodate experimenting, the no flash-hole brass was intentionally made. The 6BR was a case of poor marketing decisions . . . (puns intended) ;)
Yes, confusion reigned, and continues . . . RG

F2509D2F-967F-4175-A492-A97542DD6E69_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Back