Wendell Dean has passed away.

M

Mrs. IR50/50

I'm very sad to let the shooting community know that Wendell Dean, a longtime benchrest shooter and good friend passed away Saturday following a lengthy illness. Arrangements are pending.

Wendell

Very sad to hear of his passing! Good Friend and one hell of a shooter. Our prayers are with his Family at this sad time. Wendell has left the Range! He will be missed!

Wendell

We are truly diminished by his passing. His smile, his humor, and his shooting ability added much to each and every match that he attended and he will be missed by all who knew him. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family during this sad time, God Bless them all. Bill & Carol

Sad to hear

He was a hell of a competitor even as old as he was he was a person who figured in to the top of the list.He will be missed I wish I had known him better outside of the shooting sports.Condolences to all his family and friends.
Mike Cameron

Very sorry to hear this news. I liked Wendall, and I think everyone else did as well. He was a great shooter, and great sport as well. Great sense of humor. I'll miss him. My condolences to his family.

Wendell

Aside from being a great shooter and gentleman, he was a "good ole boy" and always had a smile for you when he met you at the matches. He was a quiet person but was easy to talk to and to get to know. Condolences to his family. He will be missed.
Bob Pekaar

i'll always remember wendell as a good ol' boy. always had a smile
on his face, i thought he would probably shoot the first 25x target inside.
he was working on it, here's a picture i had of him.
S5300808-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear, condolences to his family. Wendell was one of the good guys, good shooter and fun to be around. We'll miss him.

Ken & Cherie

He will be missed!!

A truly great competitor and gentlemen, he will be missed by all who knew him.

Wendell was indeed a Centerfire shooter being from Va he shot With Tony B ,Smiley, John Brown Jr--when 1st starting to shoot--One of the finest Gentleman to ever Squeeze a trigger TRU Competitor till the very end.

We are Diminished

Jim

I am so sorry to hear of Wendell's passing. Wendell was always one of my favorite people to talk to any time I headed south. Wendell, I am heading to the store for a Bud Light and I am goin to crack in your honor! You will be missed my friend! Steve

Auction of Wendell Dean's Firearm Collection

We are honored to be selling the firearms collection of the late Wendell Dean (Elkton, VA) on November 14, 2014, at 6:00 p.m. An avid hunter and accomplished marksman, Mr. Dean was known for his competitive nature as well as his quick smile. He collected many First-Place trophies and awards over the years. His collection consists of custom target rifles with Leupold competition scopes, quality hunting rifles, and everything from J. G. Anschutz to Winchester to Remington, plus more. Watch our web site for photographs and a complete list of the firearms, a large quantity ammunition, and extra Leupold scopes (www.GreenValleyAuctions.com).

I didn't know Wendell as well as others, but he always took a minute to say something nice.

Back