Weaver T-36 Repair

J

JTinKY

I recently came into possession of a used Weaver T-36, it has a scratch on the ocular lens and a small nick on the eye piece ring that keeps the lens cover from screwing on. Can anyone advise me of the best way to have this repaired? Are there individuals that do this type work or do I need to send it to Weaver? Also, would anyone have a general idea of the cost

Your best bet would be to send it to Weaver. They have the knowledge, tools, parts etc. There's also the possibility that they'd do it for free. I'd call first on their 800 #.

Do you have the orginal sales receipt. They will ask for that if you send it to Weaver. garrisone.

No, I do not have a sales receipt and I am not the original owner, I have no idea how old the scope is.

There is surely some one or some place to send it to be fixed. Look at the Weaver sight and try to get a real person to talk to you about what they require to fix the scope. Before I bought my Weaver T-36 I went to their webb sight and got a telephone number so I could talk to a real person about what I needed to do if I ever needed to have the scope repaired. They told me to be sure to keep the orginal sales receipt. I wish you luck on getting the scope fixed.garrisone.

Don't expect Free

As you are not the original owner, you most likely will have to pay to have the scope refurbished. Depending on what you paid for it used, you just might be better off buying one new, and keep the reciept in the safe.

Weaver T-series repair

Bll Ackerman does repair work on T-Weavers and several others. From my dealings with him he seems to be fair and honest. He's also a nice guy to just answer questions. (505) 589-3833 or (915) 269-9608. Hope this helps.

I will give Mr. Ackerman a call in the morning, I appreciate the information.

Bill Ackerman Address

Sorry, I should have given it earlier.

Optical Services CO.
Bill Ackerman
P.O. Box 1174
Santa Teresa, NM 88008

Thanks Mark-oh by the way does he have a webb sight or an e-mail address.garrisone.

T-36 repairs

No, I do not have a sales receipt and I am not the original owner, I have no idea how old the scope is.

I sent in one (Made in Japan, TX versions go someplace else) that had a "shadow" in the view. They took awhile (6 weeks). They replaced it w/ a NEW one… for $85 since I was NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER. There was no S&H charge.

FWIW, phone response is slow… long wait times listening to music. Parcel to Weaver req/ RPA # and be sure to confirm, if they replace it, that they send the same model. I sent in a dot and got back plain Xhair. OK, since it was a deal (for me), scope was $100 used w/ the flaw. :eek:

YMMV.

Weaver T-36 repair

I mailed my Weaver T-36 to:

Meade Instruments Corporation
Att. Mr. Steve Muellner
President - The Sporting Equipment Group
6001 Oak Canyon
Irvine, CA 92618

Telephopne number (949) 451-1450

The service I receives was top of the line. I complemented the company for the work they did. You can use my name and they may charge you a dollar more. ;-)
college

Back