Weaver CT 36 vs. T 36

BARTMAN

I bought what was suppose to be a T 36. When it arrived later on I noticed it was a CT 36. Is there any difference ? Can not find any info on it. Really pisses me off that folks false advertise. If they are the same I am alright with it.

You're good. I believe what they have now done is provide an indication the these are now Weaver's 2nd grade of target offerings, i.e. C for classic. The reason is with the introduction of the XR and addition of side focus, this is now top of the Weaver line.

Well I think it's older because the weaver script is painted on. It also has a lock ring on the front adjustment bell. It looks as good as a new one. I just figured it may have 1/4 MOA instead of the 1/8. The bad part is I would have paid the extra 100 bucks for a new one, had I known I was going to end up with earlier model.

I think it is newer, they all have lock rings. The new XR's are painted as well.

Hope your right Tim. Already been skinned on a rifle in the last month. Hopefully the scope is good, it looks nice on the now refurbished gun .

The older weaver T-36's did not have lock rings, so you do not have a really old scope. The old T-36 did not hold zero. You could send them back to Weaver & they would repair them, but would not report what was done. If Weaver would manage to have consistent ownership for a reasonable period of time we would know what to expect from the BRAND.

Well, I finally found a recent pic of the ct36 scope at Natchez shooters supply. I think most places may be using dated pic on they're description. So they may be the newer version. It looks like this

Back