"We can't drill our way........" so what?

J

Jay Idaho

I'm sick of hearing the statement, "We can't drill our way out of this". Well, think about it for a bit. A number of countries cannot "grow their way out of food shortages" but that does not mean that they should not try to grow more food on their own soil. Some countries cannot hope to produce enought pulp for their paper needs, wood for their building needs, metals for their own manufacturing needs, etc. But they should still try to develop their own resources as much as is feasable, economical and reasonable.
We should try to produce a lot more petroleum products from oil pumped from US lands. Because we can.

Opinions vary,

Jay............................................... .......

I'm with you all the way.................if the lib's want to ride bicyles while the rest of the normal people ride..........go for it!! Do they really believe the rest of the world is doing what's right......dream on!!! They all hate us and would love to see us follow the "Greenies" book and shut the country down!! And that's what's going to happen if these crazy people in congress don't wake-up pretty soon!!

Drill Here, Drill Now!!!

I dont think it would be probable to NOT drill our way out of this:confused:
Where is the oil going to come from....Obama's ass?

Unfortunately, we can't drill our way out of the crisis for the simple reason that all of the available drill rigs in the US are booked for the forseeable future. Manufacturers are gearing up to build more rigs, but that takes time. Remember that new oil exploration in the US has been down for many years and many drill rigs have been retired or sold and not replaced.

Consider also that Canada is in the midst of a huge extraction building boom in the tar sands region and russia is nearing completion of a huge extraction complex on the Sakhalin peninsula.

When those two come on line, expect the oil supply to increase and costs to stabilize and maybe even retreat. Do not, however, expect oil costs to retreat very much.

Mountain Mike......................................

I see your in Korea......what's the situation with oil there, and what's most opinions on our drilling here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sick of hearing the statement, "We can't drill our way out of this".

We should try to produce a lot more petroleum products from oil pumped from US lands. Because we can.

Opinions vary,

Well written Jay.:)

It is just another democratic talking point. Haven't we heard enough of them before?

Concho Bill

Back