wanting a 40x

G

garrisone

Starting to be interested in a Remington 40x. Do you buy the Remington action and then buy the barrel or can the whole rifle be had all in one? What is the going price for a 40x now? What all do you have to have in order to have a great shooting 40x? last where could I buy from a reputable dealer or builder? garrisone.

Gene Davis is Mr. 40X and someone posted the other day that he had a few 40X actions. Call him and take any advice he may give you as to components.

Davis is great to work with. For the 40X I built a year and a half back we used a Lilja tight bore. You might also ask Gene about a light firing pin.

Mark

Just finished 40X for sale

Garrisone, I have a just finished Remington 40X for sale in the classifieds. Mark Penrod finished this gun for me in January and it hasn’t even been fired. As far as buying an action and starting a new build, this would be a great gun for you and you would be hard pressed to get one built any cheaper I promise. I have been down that road. There is absolutely nothing else that can be done to this gun to make it any more accurate (including buying a new action) all it needs is a good shooter behind it.

I had this gun built going into the season looking to win. I spared no expense to make sure that if I did not win, it would be my fault not the rifles. I chose Mr. Penrod to build this gun upon Mr. Davis’s referral. After speaking with him, it appears Mr. Davis is retiring and no longer building rifles. After he is done with what he has already promised, he will be through.

Back