Wallkill Rod & Gun Club 3 Gun & Unlimited IR 50/50 Matches Sunday May 04, 2014

Bob Griffin

Wallkill Rod & Gun Club 3 Gun & Unlimited IR 50/50 Matches Sunday May 04, 2014

Sunday May 04, 2014 Wallkill Rod & Gun Club will hold both a 3 Gun & an Unlimited IR 50/50 match to start the season.. The Three Gun Match will start at 9:00 A.M. Followed by the Unlimited Match
Lunch, soda and water will be provided. Hope to see you all Sunday.

Match info

Bob,
First off let me say I hope your match is a great success. :)

I see match info like this posted and I have wondered why no addresses are ever posted with it. Now for guys and gals that have been shooting for several years, they may know where all these matches are. But if your kinda new to the sport, one would have no idea where any of the places are. Yours was easy enough to find (316 Bruyn Turnpike, Wallkill, NY 12589) but some actually make it rather difficult. Maybe they want it that way. Just sayin.

George

Bob, I plan on being there. My Mother in Law is in the hospital in SC and there is a chance that I may have to run down there with my wife. Barring that, I'll be there.

George, most match directors don't put the address info in the post either because it is easily found with a search or cause they figure that anyone interested who doesn't have the address or needs directions will ask. I don't think any match director wants to make it difficult for anyone to attend. Will we see you there?

Bob, I plan on being there. My Mother in Law is in the hospital in SC and there is a chance that I may have to run down there with my wife. Barring that, I'll be there.

George, most match directors don't put the address info in the post either because it is easily found with a search or cause they figure that anyone interested who doesn't have the address or needs directions will ask. I don't think any match director wants to make it difficult for anyone to attend. Will we see you there?

Bill,
No, not going to make that match, just pointing out that not everyone knows where these matches take place. Just using this one as an example. True that most have a website that list an address, but many do not. Being that most ranges are off the beaten path so to speak, they are not all that easy to find. I am just an occasional shooter, but I do like to try different ranges when the opportunity presents itself.

George

PS. Hope you Mother in Law gets well soon.

Hey Pete, Ed, and Greg you all get to meet the world famous "The Un-Calfee" this weekend. "Say hello, to my little friend." You all must be so excited! :cool: :D:D

Damm....the "un calfee" No sleep for me these next couple o nites. Guess I'll have to self medicate with some Bourbon Barrel aged beer.

Chris

Damm....the "un calfee" No sleep for me these next couple o nites. Guess I'll have to self medicate with some Bourbon Barrel aged beer.

Chris

I understand your anxiety Chris. I'm glad that there is a market for the used bourbon barrels; aging Scotch and some good beers. I feel less guilty drinking bourbon knowing that the barrels are being recycled. It's the environmentalist in me. I sure hope Bob checks your ammo for that illegal BBQ sauce lube. Maybe we'll need to get a dog to give it the sniff test.

Everyone make sure to wear your knee high rubber boots, we've had a bit of rain this week and even on a good week the range tends to be damp.

It's supposed to be quite windy on Sunday, from 13-18 mph during the shooting hours. It's going to be a shooter's match. It should be challenging and fun!!! :cool:

Bill,,,, please take it easy on us the weekend. :)

Greg S.

Greg, I can't promise that. I have to compete as hard as I can, learn as much as possible and get ready to help defend against World Domination. We all have a part to play to prevent such a tragedy. I have my work cut out for me trying to prevent this onslaught using The Un-Calfee. What am I thinking?? I'm still tilting at windmills. ;)

Bob,
First off let me say I hope your match is a great success. :)

I see match info like this posted and I have wondered why no addresses are ever posted with it. Now for guys and gals that have been shooting for several years, they may know where all these matches are. But if your kinda new to the sport, one would have no idea where any of the places are. Yours was easy enough to find (316 Bruyn Turnpike, Wallkill, NY 12589) but some actually make it rather difficult. Maybe they want it that way. Just sayin.

George

George,
I didn't see anyone else respond to your query, so maybe I can help. I'm a Match Director for a MA club and I only post the info about the upcoming matches.
But all the entire match schedule for the year is posted on the IR 50/50 site ... http://www.ir5050.com/ and information about the clubs with contacts are posted on the IR 50/50 contact area http://www.ir5050.com/contacts.

Another really good resource is the Maps available on Google for IR 50/50 club locations:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=211598501621659237131.0004403020ef55d357a14&dg=feature

and ARA Club locations:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=211598501621659237131.00043f3e1d20ecb8d9d65&dg=feature

Hope this is of some help.

Best,
Michel

Back