Wait time for a barrel ?

I know of recent orders that have taken 6 - 12 weeks.... This for a "typical" twist and contour....

Lester Bruno may have exactly what you need... At your door in a couple days....

cale

like they said..if in stock just shipping time...several suppliers carry them. if a special order..up to several months...

mike in co

Last edited by a moderator:
I am coming up on 5 months. Is this normal ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mike, I did some checking and it is running this long. I just want my gun, I have waited long enough in my book.

Bartlein is running longer on delivery than Krieger. A few months ago, I asked them at Krieger why their delivery was running as long as it was and it's customer orders and not particularly a large number of military orders. There are other barrel makers who have a lot better delivery and make just as good a barrel, they just currently aren't the barrels being listed on the match reports as often as Krieger and Bartlein. If you have a barrel on order that is taking longer than you expect, it doesn't hurt to call and ask about it. Barrel orders can get misplaced or overlooked, so it doesn't hurt to check on it. A few years ago I toured a fiberglass stock makers shop and they said that they were producing at that time 3000 stocks per month with a delivery time of 4 months. That means when you order a stock from them, you are 12000 down the line on stock orders. I'd hate to have a waiting list like that.

Last edited:
Yep....

I am coming up on 5 months. Is this normal ?

Yep; I wanted a Hunter taper barrel, four groove, 1/15 twist. Took a little over six months. But...it sure shoots good. I decided to try a Krieger after much success with Shilen and Hart barrels. The Krieger shoots just as good as the Shilens and Harts. But...in my case no better.

However; to be truthful, I've never had a custom barrel that I could out shoot.:rolleyes:

virg

flat tire.
I have waited almost a year. And it is a "work of art".
Well, worth the wait.....

Like the uppperisms go.
Ya get what ya pay for.
A good job takes a little bit longer than a decent job.....

By the way. It shoots real good.....:)

zippy- thanks- I have other guns to shoot and I want something awesome--- so wait I will--- I just didn't know if I was getting my chain yanked !

I'm waiting on a Cooper 22 rimfire that the dealer told me would be 4 months and a stock for my 7 MM WSM that McMillan said would be 2-3 months and the guy that is doing the installation and bedding said another month. I have been getting barrels, stocks and stocks pillar bedded and actions spec'd out for over 20 years and it seems like I am forever waiting for the brown truck. We all seem to be in the same fix but this is why we love what we do. Oh by the way Flat Tire, I have a Krieger barrel on my 7MM WSM and I love it.
Dave T

Still waiting- but yesterday I was shooting and had to stop for a half hour with a range delay. So look at center of photo, then half way to the right, that is a 16"x20" steel target at 1175 yds. We were shooting suppressed weapons and they just walked in.
http://oi55.tinypic.com/152mfz6.jpg

I recently got a Shilen Select Match Grade in 25 cal through the Barrel Man in about 4 weeks.

Ted

You will find that if you wait until you need a component, barrels, bullets primers, powder, they will be hard to get. The best advice I can give you is never wait until you need something in this game. Keep enough bullets, primers and powder to shoot at least a year on hand and order barrels well ahead of your needs.

Back