vld question

T

terryhawk

i've been trying to develop a load for a 243 catbird i recently had built. the gun is built on an accurized 700 with a pac nor 7 twist .here's my problem i really chose that twist rate to shoot 95 gr berger vld's .so far this has been nothing but disapointment i've had them off the lands .005 to up tight, ran them from 3100 fps to 3450 2.5 " groups and worse. i can get .5 groups and better with 95 gr sst's and 95 gr nbt's but i just don't want to give up on the low drags .

any thoughts??

thanks in advance
mark

wrong twist..

....I dont know wht a cat-bird is ....but if its a big un ,,,,,too much powder ...too much velocity...then you are gonna have trubl with 6mmVLD's....they are a great bullet--I shoot em and reccomend em all the time....but with a 7 twist and too much velocity...they will not shoot...
Your e-mail on here wont work....Im shure other wuld send results and info if it did.

Roger is right, as usual. The Catbird is too big for the VLDs. You have to load it down to get the optimum velocity. (2950 - 3250). It's really designed to shoot the mid to heavy weight bullets faster than snot. The 7 twist is also a little fast but it should work Ok. An 8 or even 9 would have been better, IMHO.

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody need a partially used box of 6mm vld's :eek:

should have posted this question before i ordered the barrel

thx guys

Back