Vintage Target Scope Indentification Help

seewin

I am trying to get some additional information on a target scope that came with one of my 52's. Hoping someone here might be able to enlighten me. It is an "El Monte" 10-30 Target scope. It is very unique in that the paralax adjustment is center mounted like a Fecker, and it is a 10-30 variable power. Power is changed by sliding bar on side of scope to correct index mark for desired power. Objective measures about 1-5/8" OD. They are fitted with Unertl micrometer adjustment mounts as can be seen in picture. I also have an original sales advertisement for scope. It was distributed by L.D. Simone in San Diego, CA. The person I bought this from told me that as he recalled it was manufactured back in the late 50's or early 60's. It is a very high quality scope with hard coated lenses, Unertl mounts, hard anodized objective bell and eyepice.
Anyone ever heard of one these or possibly know anything about them?
Steve
IMG_7264.jpg

IMG_7278.jpg

IMG_7276.jpg

Nice looking glass-holder. How does It "work"? Have you shot it yet??

Scope is outstanding. The glass is every bit the quality of my Unertls, if not better. It works great. Tried it on the 52 it came with and it works super. Just wish I could get some info on it.
Steve

Steve: It seems many of those scopes of the 50's had great glass. I have a Balvar 6-24 that out shines all of my other high dollar scopes of the 90's & 2000's.

Fred, I never much cared for the mounts on the B&L's, but their is not much argument, they had the best glass of their day. I have owned several of the Balvar and Balfor hunting scopes and to this day, I think they are great. If I recall correctly, B&L supplied Unertl's glass also.
Steve

Back