Value of an Anschutz 54 Action and Borden/Six BR Stock

Hey Guys...
Lost a very close friend in late October, and trying to help his widow with his estate...
We have a rimfire BR rifle built on an Anschutz 54 barreled action in a Borden/Six BR stock. I haven't shot it yet, but assuming that the barrel is "toast", what's the action and/or the action/stock worth?
Thanks,
Kent Harshman
Palmyra, Pa.

P.S. I've been in the centerfire BR game for over 30 years, but know little to nothing about the rimfire BR game and the value of the equipment.

54action

Wing safety?...Threaded action?.........Brand of barrel? $800.00 to $1600.00 not seeing gun.

Details

"earlm",
I'll have to check the safety and update the thread later today. As for the barrel, it's a stock Anschutz barreled action (pretty certain it's never been apart), so I guess that means it's however Anschutz does it from the factory...

It's likely $1000-$1200, upper end if it has a wing safety. Unlike CF, you don't need to assume a shot out barrel unless it has been damaged with a cleaning rod.

Last edited:
If it has a 5071 trigger (or a modified 5018) raise the price by several hundred dollars. Anschutz decided they would rather sell rifles than triggers so all the older wing safety actions are stuck on the existing trigger. Parts to convert the 5018 for use in older actions are now unobtanium.

The "standard" trigger in a 1400 series action is the 1407-U9. Nice and can be made excellent by a guy living in CA but barely up to bench rest standards either way.

If it by chance has a Kenyon trigger in it then the trigger is worth more than the rifle. Many, including me, would buy it for a Kenyon trigger. bob

Back