Tuners at IBS Matches

GA-3 Tuners:
Change IBS Rule Book Section V.B. RIFLES 2) HEAVY VARMINT RIFLE and VI.C. RIFLES- HUNTER AND VARMINT HUNTER
Add the following verbage:
Use of an ‘attached’ barrel tuner shall be allowed, with the following restrictions: 1) The tuner must be securely attached to the barrel (not made integral to the barrel). 2) The tuner cannot have venting ports. 3) The rifle must not exceed the weight as described herein. 4) Adjusting the tuner during a match can only be accomplished while remaining seated, and after removing the bolt from the action. 5) The tuner is exempt from the
barrel diameter restrictions (may be any diameter and length), but the barrel itself must remain within the dimensions as stated in the current rules.
Failure to adhere to restriction #4 above will result in the immediate disqualification of the competitor from the aggregate in which he or she is competing at the time of the violation.
It is the intent of this rule change to allow the use of a tuner in all Group LV and HV, Score VFS LV and HV, Hunter, Varmint Hunter rifles. This rule change does not affect the rules as they pertain to Rimfire, 1000 Yd. and 600 YD. competition/classes.
The IBS group committee recommends that the wording be changed to add Sporter Class to be accepted as well. The committee recommends that the agenda item be passed.
The IBS Score Committee feels this agenda item is worthy of further discussion at the Annual Meeting. The committee is not making a recommendation for or against this agenda item.

Dick I sent you files. Can you check your mail? thanks

So does this mean that they are not allowed on a 1000yd LG or were they already allowed and I didn't know it?
James

4) Adjusting the tuner during a match can only be accomplished while remaining seated, and after removing the bolt from the action.

Does the rifle have to remain in the rests for tuner adjustment (so long as the bolt is removed?)

:confused:

Gee...Golly... Amazing...

Like how much late is this?

An' all these years Mr. Grosbier has insisted that he isn't interested in tuners.;)

Does the rifle have to remain in the rests for tuner adjustment (so long as the bolt is removed?)

:confused:

There was a lot of discussion over this subject as some may not be able to reach the tuner while remaining seated and the gun still in the bags. A competitor will be able to remove the rifle from the bags and adjust the tuner so long as the bolt is removed. There is nothing anywhere else in the rules that says a shooter can't remove the rifle from the bags for whatever reason.

Like how much late is this?

An' all these years Mr. Grosbier has insisted that he isn't interested in tuners.;)

Did I miss something ? Do you see anything that says I am interested or happy tuners are passed ??

The above post was merely to notify the many people who are interested.

Back