Trying to buy a scope on ebay - frustrating problem

vtmarmot

P Magoon, Livin' Free NH
I'm trying to bid on a scope and when I hit "confirm bid" the ITAR arms export message comes up. When I hit "continue" it just repeats and won't let me go on. My address is clearly "United States". This is preventing me from buying a scope from anyone on this site. I have tried four different browsers and get the same result every time. Do you have any suggestions? Ebay site is no help, nor is Google search. I messaged the seller but no reply yet. I notice his items are not increasing in price, so I don't think I'm the only one having issues.

For grins, log on yourself and put in a low ball bid on a scope and see what happens.

No, all my vests are just fleece.

The seller is clearly marked as in the US, as I am. He says "I know. I'm getting screwed by eBay. I've had several guys say the same thing."

The scope sold for $64, which is very low for what it was. My low-ball bid was $67, so I would likely have got it. I will try another seller and see what happens.

Resolving a problem with eBay can be tedious.

I tried a low bid on a scope from another seller and it went through. No message and no problem. I let someone else have that one. I did a "buy-it-now" on another scope. This time I got the message about restrictions, but it let me complete the purchase with no issues. There mus be somthing funky about the setup for the seller I had issues with.

Back