Traveling for a Hunt

H

Hump Hayes

Me and a buddy have drawn tags for Antelope in Montana. We're flying w/Northwest Air and I've looked at their website for their info on traveling with hunting rifles.
Does anyone out there have any recent travel experience (good or bad) with Northwest (and TSA in gneral) they'd care to share?

Traveling

Hump, I haven't traveled with Northwest, but I have flown a number of times, including this year and last to Africa. I have never had a hassle with TSA of the airline. Now that I think of it, I have flown with Northwest, to Sasketchawan, and had no problems. You merely have to declare that you have a firearm, and that it is empty. I believe you need to have a TSA accessable lock, which you can purchase at Wal Mart. I believe the issue of ammo is different with each different airline. I know with Delta, the ammo must be in checked luggage, seperate from the gun. Other than that, I have had no problems at all, and I have flown at least 20 times with guns. Good luck, and enjoy your hunt, Rusty Carr

Be advised

In the fine print....the airline accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the loss of a firearm.

Back