Tikka T3 Varmint

Redrock

Steve Grosvenor
I'm a fan of the .260 Rem but the only one that I can find that makes it in a Varmint rig factory is Tikka. Does anybody know anything about them other than there the sister to Sako? How do they shoot, are they a fairly strong action to hang that big barrel off of? looks good to me but looks aren't always everthing...look at the kimbers:)

Just looking for genaral information, and if there a 1moa rifle that could be tweaked to get a little more out of it?

Last edited:
I have no experence with the Tikka 260 but Tikka's in general shoot very well and I am a huge fan of the rem 260. I think it would be a very good choice. Good luck and good shooting.

Redrock

I've only played with one in 7mm mag. I was working up a load for it and it hovered around 1" to 1.25". The groups I was shooting were making two distinct groups on paper. I bedded the gun and the two groups merged to one nice tight group. The gun shot well after that with Sierra 140gr GK's.

Thanks for the Replys Gents, I would seem that I may not get a chance to shoot a Tikka in .260 as they are proving very hard to find...i'll keep ya posted.

Again Thanks.

I have a T-3 in 223 rem and with hand loads it's a bugholer, one of my hunting partners has a tikka in 25-06 and it shoots factory ammo around 1-1.25 @ 200 yards

Back