This is probably a dumb question...

dickw

Is there anyone out there who can make a benchrest quality trigger for a model 75 Winchester? I have started shooting my old squirrel rifle in some local BR matches in the factory class. I have found an Eley ammo that shoots surprisingly well. However, the trigger is driving me nutz. I had a local, very good, gunsmith take the trigger down to 2 lbs. He says that's as low as he can get it safely. I've shot centerfire BR competition for near forty years and am used to a Jewell trigger and I am having one 'ell of a time getting this rifle to go BANG.

The gun is an old friend that I've owned for over forty years. It was a product of the Winchester custom shop way back when you could get that sort of thing and has a Model 70 Super Grade style stock and a Unertl scope. I don't want another one.

Can anyone help?

Dick Wright

Trigger

I am not familiar with the trigger on a 75, but the 52's and others like Kimber 82Gs, you can move the fulcrum pin up higher on the trigger, lowering the pull weight substantially. However it will induce more creep into the trigger. Talk it over with your gunsmith, it takes a really good drill bit to do that job and the knowledge to know where to drill it.

George

Thanks George...

I'll give Rob Osborne a call and see what he suggests. He would be the best guy around here for that sort of thing.

Dick

Back