This can't be right .or is it ?

Worker

Today I chronograph ed my standard loads out of my 7 WSM today I have a Brux 26" SS 9" twist bbl. 69grs of Re#19 behind a Hornady 139gr SST produced an average muzzel velocity of 3550 ! I couldn't believe it ? I then shot my 22 auto pistol through the chronograph and it read 1100 fps and that was what it should've been. Then my 45 auto 890 fps so was that ! So thumbs up for Brux bbls !!!! I fired 6 rnds through chrono all were 3540 to 3570 range ??????

Pressure = Velocity

Given that your other ammo read spot on, I would be a bit afraid. Any other pressure signs? Did you mic your cases at critical points before and after? Brass flowing into extractor groove? Primers loose or cratering? That is one hot load and sounds more like a 7mm STW! At the very least, borrow another chrono and try it. There is no free lunch or magic barrel. What are you going to do with all this velocity, anyhow? Cut deer in half at 500 yards?

None

I had MOA accuracy ,no pressure signs. I've designed this ammo for water filled Rock star cans at various distances ,until I manage to draw a deer or elk tag ? Also like shooting steel at extended ranges !

Energy Boost

Do you drink the Rockstar before handling the loaded ammo? Perhaps the caffeine transferred by osmosis from your bloodstream to the ammo, thus imparting the extra velocity. Incidentally, what does it do to the cans? Any pictures to post? Live-action video preferred (just kidding).;)

Back