the kimber manual says no magazine

T

TexasJoe

Hi folks, my kimber rifle 22lr manual,says for best accuracy to not use the magazine,load it 1 at a time, will that hurt the mauser claw having to jump over the rim? Also if I notice on alot of 5 round magazine sets, a pattern of the first 3 shots group together,then the last 2 group together, but off center , together, but not near the first 3" :confused:

The extractor will ride over the rim of the case just fine. I've been shooting a "NY Kimber" actioned BR sporter in BR competition for 3 years and it hasn't been a problem.

I'd leave the magazine in it though because it makes it easier to load by not dropping rounds thru the mag. hole, kinda use the mag follower as a loading ramp of sorts.

Shots out of the group sounds like a bedding problem. Are your action screws torqued?

thx

no,i just snug em up,whats the torque amout? It is totally free floating.

Last edited by a moderator:
The barrel is free floating, The action is bedded. I would torque the front and rear screws to 20 Inch Pounds. Shoot a group see what it does. Then torque the front screw to 25 Inch Pounds, shoot a group. Next the rear screw to 25 Inch Pounds. ETC. Keep this up till you get the tightest group you can. This will be the action torque for your gun. Note: You should not torque to more than 45 to 50 Inch Pounds. You do not want to strip the screws or stress the action.
Steve

thanks steve!

Thanks Steve,I will go buy a torgue wrench!Joe.

Joe, there's a bedding thread on the centerfire forum, or the gunsmithing forum? Whichever, theres' some very good advice on there.

Joe,

Make darn sure you buy an INCH POUNDS Torque Wrench and not one set up for FOOT POUNDS.

Dave

thanks!

saved me alot of pain! I will read the posts,and buy a inch,not foot pounds!

Back