The great score target/bullet size controversy will live forever

oliver88

Back in 2018 I posted this pdf file but it is no longer available since the website was upgraded.
The recent thread in this forum about the new Edgewood Tracker bag got way off track and developed into another great score target/bullet size controversy so I decided to dig out the old pdf file and post it again. It's yours to share.

This was not done to promote one sanctioning body over another or one caliber over another. This is simple math (yes it's correct) and I encourage you to get out your calculators and run through it.
DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A BIG ARGUMENT-- IT'S JUST MATH!!!!

I realize that people are really passionate about their game and I have seen the advantages and disadvantages of both ways. I have enjoyed watching the sudden death aspect of the X system as well as watching someone claw their way back using the 11 point system.
It doesn't matter if you're shooting 11 points, X's or horse flies... just have fun.;)

Attachments

• The Great Score Target Bullet Size Controversy.pdf
    205.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
just more words to hide the intent.
they could not beat the 30br heads up, so they changed the rules.
no other sport uses two different standards during a match...none...so while they claim it is math, they ignore heads up competition as seen around the world

no other sport uses two different standards during a match...none...so while they claim it is math, they ignore heads up competition as seen around the world
Mike, you don't know that ALL 400 meter track events allow the outside runners to start YARDS ahead of the inside runners? Why do they do that? It's the math.

Mike, you don't know that ALL 400 meter track events allow the outside runners to start YARDS ahead of the inside runners? Why do they do that? It's the math.
talk about stupid and not in context. first it is only done at OVAL tracks...to keep the distance traveled the SAME. unlike different targets to give an advantage to a shooter with a smaller bullet with less recoil.
KEEP TRYING the facts have not changed. HANDICAPPED SYSTEM TO AID 6MM SHOOTERS

talk about stupid and not in context. first it is only done at OVAL tracks...to keep the distance traveled the SAME....HANDICAPPED SYSTEM TO AID 6MM SHOOTERS
Regarding the first part of your second sentence, I'm not aware of ANY track meets at which the 400 meter event is not on an OVAL track— but, I've been wrong before, so feel free to call my attention to my mistake on that issue.

Regarding your insightful comment about, "to keep the distance traveled the SAME," that sounds like UBR—i.e., to keep the "Max Fired Size C/C" the same (as shown in the attachment to post # 1 above).

Regarding your last sentence, actually, as shown in post # 47 at https://benchrest.com/forum/threads/edgewood-new-tracker-rear-bag-reviews.105828/page-3#post-858640, it's easy to think of the IBS/NBRSA targets as a "HANDICAPPED SYSTEM TO AID [.308] SHOOTERS."

Keep trying Mike, maybe you'll see the light one day.

BTW, many intelligent folks capitalize the first letter in a sentence.

Last edited:
Regarding the first part of your second sentence, I'm not aware of ANY track meets at which the 400 meter event is not on an OVAL track— but, I've been wrong before, so feel free to call my attention to my mistake on that issue.

Regarding your insightful comment about, "to keep the distance traveled the SAME," that sounds like UBR—i.e., to keep the "Max Fired Size C/C" the same (as shown in the attachment to post # 1 above).

Regarding your last sentence, actually, as shown in post # 47 at https://benchrest.com/forum/threads/edgewood-new-tracker-rear-bag-reviews.105828/page-3#post-858640, it's easy to think of the IBS/NBRSA targets as a "HANDICAPPED SYSTEM TO AID [.308] SHOOTERS."

Keep trying Mike, maybe you'll see the light one day.

BTW, many intelligent folks capitalize the first letter in a sentence.
just because you have never seen a 440 or an 880 does not mean they have never happened, as usual the world does not revolve around you.
as usual you have no clue, distance traveled is NOT the same as GROUP SIZE, and score is not group size (c to c)
you still have no clue about CONTEXT. lots of words, does not make you correct, not even close in this case.

no one considered the targets a "handicap" till 6's could not beat 30's heads up.
maybe you should consider talking about something you understand, cause this aint it

Since 22's kicked a lot of butts last year in UBR, are we to expect this same non sense from all the 6mm guys now? Bottom line is, all three orgs allow you to shoot what you feel gives you the best chance of winning within their respective rules. Life is about choices. Pick one, for whatever reason, and go have fun doing it.

Well, since rsmithsr2 ne Mike in Co is both obtuse and obnoxious, it's time to use the Block feature of the web site. It's really not fun with him around. Well, what happened to the block feature, we sure need it it now.

Last edited:
Back