Team USA/South Africa 2019

Renegade

Folks,
We are fast approaching the deadline for shooters to commit to join Team USA for the 2019 WRABF (World Rimfire and Air Rifle Benchrest Federation) Championships to be held in South Africa Aug 5-15, 2019. The South African Team is going all out to make this one of the most memorable World Championships to date. They have arranged for all shooters to stay at one of three Safari lodges, all within 5 minutes of each other. Firearms registration can be done online, pickup is available at the airport, there will be shuttles to and from the range every day, and maybe the best part for a working guy like myself, all of this will be surprisingly affordable. Four course dinners every evening for less than $15, rooms $50 a night, 9 passenger minivan rental for about $450 for the entire event, and I found airfares as low as $750 round trip...if you're brave enough to fly Kenya Air through Nairobi. Emirates Airlines through Dubai is around $1250 from JFK to O.R. Tambo (Johannesburg).

The only qualification for the Team is the desire to go and the ability to pay for the trip. Each country can have up to three 3-person teams for each event and there may be more positions available after each country gives an estimate of number of shooters that plan to attend. Here is the schedule of events:
5 - 6 August - Air Rifle Practise
7 - 9 August - Air Rifle LV & Air Rifle HV
10 August - Rimfire Practise
11 August - Day Off
12 August - Rimfire International Sporter
13 - 15 August - Rimfire LV, Rimfire HV and Function
Dinner menu:
View attachment ZCL Dinner Menus.pdf
More information is available at WRABF.com and the WRABF Facebook page.

We need to provide the organizers with the exact number of shooters by Dec 31 this year, and the names and match fees by Jan 31, 2019 so please get in touch with me at TKBanks98@aol.com, 518-796-0768 or Craig Young at kragg42@yahoo.com as soon as possible if you are interested in making the trip.

Todd Banks

Last edited:
Back