Super Shoot Equipment

H

hecksf

I was looking at the Super Shoot equipment list and noticed that the combination of the Bartlein Barrel and Hottenstein Bullets was fairly popular.
Does anybody know what twist rate those barrels were and what type of bullet the Hottenstein is?
I am currious if the 13.5 twist is popular with the top shooters and if the Hottenstein bullet is a standard FB or BT or possibly OO type design and what weight they are in?

Ted

The current bullets, barrel brands and twist rates are "flavor of the month" items. Meaning the guys who won with these new items won last year without them and the years before. Don't get me wrong, these items are the best but the winners have won before many times without them. And they could win again without them.

The winning shooters are the best and they work very hard at being the best and they will not shoot with barrels, actions, stocks, bullets, scopes, etc. that can't win. But the ones on this years Super Shoot equipment list are not the only items these top shooters can win with.

What I am going the long way around to say is you can't buy your way to a win with equipment. It takes talent, dedication and practice, practice, practice.

Did I mention practice?

Equipment

Most of the Hottenstein bullets are BT design built on a .825 jacket. Lowell uses Simonson dies that he has had for quite a few years. The Bartlein barrel used by Tony was 15 to 14.25 gain twist. James

Lowell's Boat tails are sleek looking little missiles. They look like mini VLD's. I'd sure like to get some but I heard it was near a one year wait. Darn.

Most of the Hottenstein bullets are BT design built on a .825 jacket. Lowell uses Simonson dies that he has had for quite a few years. The Bartlein barrel used by Tony was 15 to 14.25 gain twist. James

Gosh.... Sure do wish Bob was still with us.... Boy he SURE knew how to make a great Bullet die Set... !

I have a set of .224 Dies............. Just wonderful dies!
Hope the Hottenstein bullet core seat and point dies are carbide.... This kinda popularity could VERY quickly wear out steel dies...:(

cale

The times I noticed Tony was also shooting a standard Leupold Competition scope.

The bullets are close to a 8.5 ogive. These are not a double radius. No special design spec. Most of the Bartlien's shot were 13.5 or 14tw and a handful of gain twist. Remember one thing. The bottom twenty list will look just like the top twenty, except for the competitors name.

Hovis

I used to shoot a *lot* of skeet. I referreed a lot at the home club. I noticed early on that the shooters weren't necessarily shooting the shells or using the equipment that their sponsors indicated in their ads.

Not sayin' that that'd ever happen in another sport, you understand....

Mr. Jennings,
I believe for the most part they are dead on. Ain't much sponsorship in our sport and no need to lie. When you fill it out for the SS you do it far in advance and you may make a change in the meantime.
Butch

Back