suhl 150

D

derek casey

what can anybody tell me about the suhl 150? i read a post on another sight were they were talking about them having aluminum triggers and several had broken. this week is the first time i had ever heard of the suhl 150 rifles. any info that anybody could give me would be great. that aluminum trigger has me kinda looking a different way, but i want to make a informed purchase. i'm either buying a 40x(which is really the way i think i'm going for now) or a suhl. i want to hear from owners and anybody in the know on these rifles. i've managed to did some info up on them but not much. i know who started importing them, and stuff but that is about all. please help.

Trigger blade

Derek:
The Aluminum part on a Suhl trigger is the trigger blade. I believe is more Pot Metal than quality Aluminum. They say one of the Anschutz trigger blade will work, but I have the slightest idea as to which. As for the quality of the Suhl 150, they are buy far the best value for stock accuracy. I have owned several and they have an outstanding record in Bench Rest. I could be mistaken, but there seems to be one other part that could be aluminum, but to break it, you really have to abuse it. See attached photo.

Attachments

• Suhl150Trigfix2T.jpg
    Suhl150Trigfix2T.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 960
Last edited:
thank you very much. i've asked on several other sights and they all say they are outstanding shooters, but hard to find parts for. that is why i'm leaning more towards the 40x. they shoot well also and they parts can be found almost anyplace. thank you for the picture as well. that really helped me out alot. it is a shame that a rifle of that quality has pot medal parts in it. that really hurts it in my eyes. i'll look again at another sight because they told which anschutz trigger fits it. that could help somebody out a great deal if they need one.

on the sight the guy said he ordered a anschutz 9716 special trigger shoe for 1907-2013 with trigger blade. he said it was not a drop in he had to modify it by bending a piece with channel locks, but it did the trick nicely and he hasn't had any problems since. i hope this will help anybody that is needing to find parts for repairing a busted trigger.:)

Hard to beat a good shooting Suhl...literally speaking or otherwise. Reliability is of some importance but certainly secondary to accuracy.

Good rifles are where you find them. Put a significant wad of cash in your pocket and wait for the "one". You'll know it when you see it. It's the one layin' over there beside that pile of trophies.

Suhly 150

I have one and had it 'smithed by Butch Hongisto. I do not compete with it, but it shoots like a lazer and I had Butch bed both the position stock and the BR stock so I can either shoot BR or position.

I highly recommend one, but you should have the headspace checked by a COMPETENT Suhl 'smith as most are a bit excessive - not big deal if you use Butch.

Not a great picture, but you will at least see it.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/Travelor/100_0136.jpg

George

Wow, if someone is snapping off trigger shoes while shooting benchrest I would like to see their aggs. You sure they wasn't using it for 5 stand??

In all serious, somebody must have broken the shoe on my Suhl as it has a homemade chunk of aluminum where there once was a factory shoe.

So I whittled it down to a sleek and sexy little blade, and polished it up so it is bling shiny. Looks and feels much better, and also procured another chunk of aluminun as a back up (thanks again my friend) just in case.

So if ya aint happy with yer shoe, just get file, sandpaper, and steel wool and create your own little piece of eye candy.
1245.gif

Most often

These Pot-metal trigger shoes are broken when out of the stock. That's what happened to two of mine. I found a Walther Trigger Blade that works very well, but they don't seem to be available any more.

Close-up1.jpg

Last edited:
In a frantic search last year to fix one of my Suhl triggers, I used David Tubb's trigger post. As I remember it was a bit pricey, but worked with minor alteration.

Best,
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two all original Suhl 150's, and one had a cracked finger lever when I got it. I made a replacement for the damaged one without any difficulty at all. A fairly easy part to duplicate. I also have an original copy of the the factory instruction pamphlet that Wally Siebert transulated into English for me!

Steve Kostanich

Back