Stupid question, blood tube & tuner...

10ring1

Hi Guys, I am new at this, please take it easy. I finally got hold of an Anschutz 2013 (From the classifieds). It came with a bloop tube and a tuner. I have a tuner on my sporter and it has threads on the inner diameter and on the center post (on the outside). This tuner is a year old. The tuner I got with my 2013 only has threads on the inner diameter of the outer ring. They are both Harrel tuners. Is my new one one that accepts weights if needed? Also, can I use the bloop tube and the tuner together? Or is the blood tube to be used alone? Thanks in advance

The bloop tube that is made for the tuner, screws onto those inner threads. The threads on the inside of the large diameter in the tuner are for the add on weights. There are other bloop tubes made to go onto those same threads as made by James Pappas and called the JJ slide (formerly the parallel noodle). Also, many prone shooters use bloop tubes made to go directly onto the barrel to extend the sight radius. Anschutz makes one of those.

Not that anyone is right or wrong, but I've seen more guns without bloop tubes than with them. I've also seen great shooting guns either have them or not. I have a good friend that calls all these add on parts (other than a standard Harrell's type tuner) gadgets. I can't argue for or against him. Don Matzeder shot most , if not all, of last season with a Pappas J and J Slide (I believe with the weight removed) and he did as well as anyone in the country winning the ARA A-Line. On the other side, both Kirk Gaston and Jon McKinney shot a standard Harrel's type tuner and neither, I believe, even had any add-on weights. I guess it's pick your poison.

John M. Carper

10 ring
Tiners are not allowed on sporters in some disciplines. You might check that out before entering competitions
Don

Thanks guys. Don, I just got one for my sporter to try to wring it out. I haven't shot in any competitions yet. Thanks again everyone.

Correction Carp

Not that anyone is right or wrong, but I've seen more guns without bloop tubes than with them. I've also seen great shooting guns either have them or not. I have a good friend that calls all these add on parts (other than a standard Harrell's type tuner) gadgets. I can't argue for or against him. Don Matzeder shot most , if not all, of last season with a Pappas J and J Slide (I believe with the weight removed) and he did as well as anyone in the country winning the ARA A-Line. On the other side, both Kirk Gaston and Jon McKinney shot a standard Harrel's type tuner and neither, I believe, even had any add-on weights. I guess it's pick your poison.

John M. Carper

Don Matzeder won the A-Line using a "gadget" that he designed and built. I make a different gadget.

Apologies to Don Matzeder and James Pappas for misstating about Don's bloop tube. I actually own a Pappas J and J Slide. I just haven't really given it a try in testing yet.

John M. Carper

Benny

Making guns shoot the best they can.....I'm GADGET MAN....:D

Benny, I think you mistook the tone of my post. I consider Carps post using the term "gadget" derogatory. I would just as soon you call me a liberal obama democrat as gadgetman.

James Pappas,
I think you mistook my tone on my post. I stated what a friend thought and that I couldn't argue for or against him. I had no derogatory meaning in that post. Apologies were given to both you and Don and they are still there. I meant no disrespect.

John M. Carper

10 ring, the old style tuners that you could not put weights on that have been threaded do not have the center stem that is .750 with threads. the new harrell's tuners have a threaded center stem. the old style tuners that were threaded to accept weights are approximatly 1oz less than the tuners you get from harrell's. both will accept weights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back