Stuart Elliot's pictures from Visalia, 1981

Boyd Allen

I was looking at thread started by Stuart Elliot, on the F Class board, that was put there to point readers to a video ,on his web site, taken at an F Class match. On the same Gallery page is a link to a slide show of pictures taken at a Benchrest match at Visalia, CA in ....1981! For those of you who have a history at those matches (still being held) the pictures should be an enjoyable viewing. I hope that the link works. If it doesn't, go to the F Class board and look for his thread. http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb199/benchrest_album/Visalia 1981/?albumview=slideshow

Visalia 1981

Thanks Boyd,

If that link doesn't work go to our website www.benchrest.com.au and then the "Gallery" section where there are links to other photo slideshows as well.

I recently scanned these photos and sent them to Skip Gordon because he was chasing info on Lee Six. So then I decided to add them to the 'gallery' on our website.
It was Lee Six who took us to that match in Visalia 1981. We heard recently he is not well, does anyone have any news?

I have other photos of bench ranges taken on our first trip to the USA in 1981 but I have yet to scan them all. they are on slide film. Eventually I will do and hope to post them in the gallery also. They include Wapwallopen (Palmisano's), Kelblys and Phoenix.

On that trip we stayed some time with Walt Berger in Phoenix, AZ and learned all about how to make benchrest bullets. Later on the flight back home to Australia (some 20 hours in those days) my wife Annie proclaimed "that was all very interesting but I think we are better off buying bullets to shoot from someone else who makes them instead of it being us who makes them". To this day we have never made another bullet! I guess she won (again) :)

Thanks,
Stuart Elliott

Back