Stolle Panda 6PPC for BR

Steelringer

Howdy,
I am looking at a more serious BR type rifle than the typical varmint rifles I normally use to shoot at local BR matches. Mind you, our shoots are competitive, but mostly varmint type rifles so far, but this may be changing, etc.. I just enjoy getting the most out of my equuipment and seeing how well I can shoot and better my own scores. Anyways, without further rambling, I found a used Stolle Panda ( LV class) with one bbl. (McLennan) having 300rds thru it and a spare (Shilen) having 1000 rds thru it. Both w. .262 necks. The rifle has a 2 oz Jewell trigger, BR glass stock (Kelbly?), and a 36x Weaver on Sinclair rings. The whole package w. taxes would be C$2200. Any comments; sounds like a reasonable deal? I hear the Stolles are great actions and would be a good rig to get into more precision shooting for 100, 200yds. Your comments appreciated. :)
S.

Last edited:
Panda Fan

S,
There are several good actions in Benchrest. I don't think you could go wrong with a Panda. I started shooting Benchrest about 4 years ago and my first rifle was a Panda. I now have three of them and if I went looking for another rifle it would probably be a Stolle Panda. I had a gunsmith out in Colorado tell me that if I called him and said "build me a Benchrest rifle" he would order a Panda and go from there. The price you mention C2200equates to about $1966 according to todays conversion rate. That's probably about right for a rifle and a Weaver 36 scope. If you could talk him down a hundred or two, that would be even better. That's my 2 cents for what's it worth. :)

Best,

Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Pandas

S,
There are several good actions in Benchrest. I don't think you could go wrong with a Panda. I started shooting Benchrest about 4 years ago and my first rifle was a Panda. I now have three of them and if I went looking for another rifle it would probably be a Stolle Panda. I had a gunsmith out in Colorado tell me that if I called him and said "build me a Benchrest rifle" he would order a Panda and go from there. The price you mention C2200equates to about $1966 according to todays conversion rate. That's probably about right for a rifle and a Weaver 36 scope. If you could talk him down a hundred or two, that would be even better. That's my 2 cents for what's it worth. :)

Best,

Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Ditto what Dan said...... :)

Vic

Figure the barrel with 300 actually has around 1000 and the one with 1000 actually has 2000 and if its still worth the price to you go for it. I would guess its an older style stock and action probably has no ejector.

I would agree with Steelringer the price is ok but not really great, its appearance would be a factor also. Appearance does not affect how it shoots but it does have a bearing on how it's valued.

Stolle Panda

Thanks for the comments, guys! :)
Checked further, and the serial no. indicates it is 1995. The stock looks like it might be a Kelbly.
S.

being 95 it would probably be a mcmillan stock if its original. you could spend a few hundred more and have alot newer rig with leupold scope or the same price. being in canada that may be the deal for you tho.

Stolle 6PPC

I checked further, and it does not have an ejector. Hope to make final decision this week-end. Thanks for the comments. :)

Get a pic or two and post them here. Best shooting action I ever had was a '96 Panda in an old mcmillian stock. Should have never sold that one....

Hovis

well...

Howdy,
I am looking at a more serious BR type rifle than the typical varmint rifles I normally use to shoot at local BR matches. Mind you, our shoots are competitive, but mostly varmint type rifles so far, but this may be changing, etc.. I just enjoy getting the most out of my equuipment and seeing how well I can shoot and better my own scores. Anyways, without further rambling, I found a used Stolle Panda ( LV class) with one bbl. (McLennan) having 300rds thru it and a spare (Shilen) having 1000 rds thru it. Both w. .262 necks. The rifle has a 2 oz Jewell trigger, BR glass stock (Kelbly?), and a 36x Weaver on Sinclair rings. The whole package w. taxes would be C$2200. Any comments; sounds like a reasonable deal? I hear the Stolles are great actions and would be a good rig to get into more precision shooting for 100, 200yds. Your comments appreciated. :)
S.

depends a lot on the condition of the barrels. If they are shot out or nearly so, its not a good deal. Many rifles are sold used with barrels that will way outshoot any factory barrel but are shot from a competitive point of view. The scope is worth maybe $300 US, the rings $60-70, the used Jewell maybe $100, the used action by itself maybe $700-800 depending on age and condition, the stock maybe $200 depending on condition. These are estimates of component prices that don't factor labor to put it together. If you have to re-barrel, figure on US $390-425 depending on which barrel make you choose. Good luck. Where in Atlantic Canada? --Greg

Action config

Before you buy, verify that you are getting the action configuration you want (right bolt, left port) or (right bolt, right port) or (right bolt, left port, right eject) or whatever your favorite variation is. Probably the most common setup in competition today is the (right bolt, left port, right eject) for right-handed shooters. My first rifle was a right/right and it took me three guns to settle in the right/left/right configuration. Since then I have passed on some truly great deals just because they didn't match the setup I wanted.

Rod

I actually have a better deal than that for sale. Same thing but with 7 barrels and an action wrench for less money. I assume the C in front of the price stands for Canadian, and I'm in the US so not sure about shipping. Drop me a private message if interested. You can see the rifle at http://www.bughole.info . I going to get around to advertising it on BR classifieds one of these days.

I actually have a better deal than that for sale. Same thing but with 7 barrels and an action wrench for less money. I assume the C in front of the price stands for Canadian, and I'm in the US so not sure about shipping. Drop me a private message if interested. You can see the rifle at http://www.bughole.info . I going to get around to advertising it on BR classifieds one of these days.

Nice looking Rifle Steve

Nice looking Rifle Steve

Thanks. My first rifle, built by Tom Piechota. All of my barrels have been chambered by Billy Stevens. It's a really good shooter. Just about every barrel I screw into it shoots. I'm shooting an ejector now or it wouldn't be for sale.

in western canada

I know all the br guns
email me to discuss further and I will give you my phone number, just got back from the super shoot and a local match as well

Jefferson

Back