Stiller Predator 25x .22 rimfire

B

Big G

Hi all. Im new to this forum thing. I know this is about rimfire benchrest. But I figure a lot of you guys are bound to be big time squirrel hunters. Considering your expertise with .22 rimfire, Im sure some of you have built some very accurate hunting rifles. My questions >>>> are any of you guys familiar with the new Stiller Predator 25x .22 rimfire action??????? Has anyone been able to acquire one yet??? Has anyone heard anything about the test reports??? The reason I ask is I plan on purchasing one to build a squirrel rifle on. I have read on Stillers website that it is a clone of the Rem. 40x with some added features. Available in single shot or repeater. I was wondering if it would be as good to build on as the rem. 40x. Another feature I like about the Stiller action is its stainless steel. I purchased a rem. 541s the first year they were on the market & had it customized. Was the best rifle I ever owned. Highly accurate. A few years back it was stolen. Now I want one as good or better. I had in mind a Lilja, Shilen, or Benchmark barrel. Leaning towards the Benchmark. A McMillan or HS precision stock. And a Jewell trigger. I would appreciate any input from you guys on these components. And a suggestion for a very reputable smith. Thank you all. And have a nice day.

Its only in single shot now.

The clip model is due later. I think that Stiller might be under-estimating the difficulty of getting the clip to work/feed/eject. It is going to be lots more trouble than it looks like and I think it will add quite a lot to the expense of making the action. The demand for the clip model will be HUGE. There are plenty of single shot 40Xs out there already. I'm afraid that Stiller will decide that there isn't enough demand for a clip model and never get around to making it. However just the "snipers" will want tons of them for "trainers".:rolleyes: I'm like you and decided that I would get one for sure when I first heard about them. Its been close to two years since the first rumors about the clip fed 40Xs came out. I'm moving on to another action.........Oh my Stiller Predator .223 is da bomb! If your willing to wait the 25X repeater will be a honey I'm sure.

The clip model is due later. I think that Stiller might be under-estimating the difficulty of getting the clip to work/feed/eject. It is going to be lots more trouble than it looks like and I think it will add quite a lot to the expense of making the action. The demand for the clip model will be HUGE. There are plenty of single shot 40Xs out there already. I'm afraid that Stiller will decide that there isn't enough demand for a clip model and never get around to making it. However just the "snipers" will want tons of them for "trainers".:rolleyes: I'm like you and decided that I would get one for sure when I first heard about them. Its been close to two years since the first rumors about the clip fed 40Xs came out. I'm moving on to another action.........Oh my Stiller Predator .223 is da bomb! If your willing to wait the 25X repeater will be a honey I'm sure.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep trying to get hold of the Stiller. I can wait a while. Are the 40x remingtons single shot or repeater?? If single shot can it be converted to a repeater?? And also what do you think about the other components Im planning on building with??

We have been tied

up designing a new action for an OEM customer since September and have not had much luck working on the 25x. We finally finished it and I now hope to put them together. I apologize to the testers, but I will make it up to them for not getting the old one. My plan on the next run is to make up the updated 40x replica and the BR version also. The testers from before will get one of them instead if they like. The proto 25x worked ok, but the bolt stop was screwed up and did not work well. The other issue was the extractors. It was real tough trying to get them to grab the case hard enough. I think I had the holes placed too close and lost leverage on the extractor. I am going to use longer/stiffer springs and fix that on the next run. Loading it was tough too without the sheetmetal device in the rail. We just made it flush. I am going to update the drawings and get the bolts make right after the shot show god willing and no other big oem designs needed.

thanks for the answers

I am sure you have been bugged a lot on this topic

Jeff

i'm another thats been holding out for the repeater version, is it possible that we may see it this year? pretty sure that it would be hard to make enough to keep up with the demand when they finally become available.

up designing a new action for an OEM customer since September and have not had much luck working on the 25x. We finally finished it and I now hope to put them together. I apologize to the testers, but I will make it up to them for not getting the old one. My plan on the next run is to make up the updated 40x replica and the BR version also. The testers from before will get one of them instead if they like. The proto 25x worked ok, but the bolt stop was screwed up and did not work well. The other issue was the extractors. It was real tough trying to get them to grab the case hard enough. I think I had the holes placed too close and lost leverage on the extractor. I am going to use longer/stiffer springs and fix that on the next run. Loading it was tough too without the sheetmetal device in the rail. We just made it flush. I am going to update the drawings and get the bolts make right after the shot show god willing and no other big oem designs needed.

Jerry, Any update on when they will be available or shipping? Thanks!

Back