Srb 118?

N

nonliberal

I purchased a used HBR gun and the seller included some sized brass and 25 loaded rounds just so I could see how well it can shoot. It shot amazingly well but the load he sent was using SRB 118 which they dont make any more. I found a pretty good load using 748 but I would sure like to find some of that 118 powder. Does anyone know where I could still find some?

Srb 118

SRB 118 is in the same catagory as Thunderbird T32. Neither are available and both have stashes located throughout the country. Most supplies of the SRB 118 are in private hands in the Missouri area.

Missouri just happens to be where im located. Hopefully one of those good Missourians will see this and decide to part with some. :)

What is the rifle chambered for?? Don't fall in love with extinct powders or bullets.

Mike Swartz

Last edited by a moderator:
I know where you might be able to get some SRB 118, depends how bad you want it. One of the Guys I shoot with at Van Dyne, WI was talking about selling what he has left, which is about 24 pounds I think.

Paul Tolvstad
Rock Creek Barrels

Last edited:
30X47. It shoots several loads well with 748, N133, n135, 140. Just not as good as the 118 load. You are right about falling in love with extinct components, but man its hard to resist when you find something that works just a little better than what you have. ;)

You mean that Service Rifle Ball 118 I bought so long ago is really good? I believe I queried Accurate Arms about compatible loading data and they said it was very close to AA 2520. I think I bought four cases from Wideners quite some years ago. I remember selling a couple of jugs to a friend who used it for his .308 M1A. I was pulling his target and he wasn't outside the ten ring. He really liked it. I was saving it for doing some mass loading of .223 plinking ammo. Sounds like I need to dig it out and experiment with it more. This is the first time I've heard any reference to it.

It works good in this rifle. I havent tried it in any others.

srb 118

I purchased a used HBR gun and the seller included some sized brass and 25 loaded rounds just so I could see how well it can shoot. It shot amazingly well but the load he sent was using SRB 118 which they dont make any more. I found a pretty good load using 748 but I would sure like to find me of that 118 powder. Does anyone know where I could still find some?

I have an 8 lb. container that has never been opened. I will let it go for 180.00

SRB 118 is in the same catagory as Thunderbird T32. Neither are available and both have stashes located throughout the country. Most supplies of the SRB 118 are in private hands in the Missouri area.

I've heard there's a not inconsiderable stockpile in Wisconsin as well.

Like lou said but lt30 then make it shoot with that

LT 30 may work as well but it looks like the "LT" product is going to be so different from lot to lot one might as well plan on using the "unobtainables"!! It is disappointing that the LT folks have such sorry quality control.

Ive been very happy with lt powder. But when i get a new lot i treat it as a new powder not just another jug of what i had. In all my years of 322, 2015, 133, T, and now lt that mentality has never left me disappointed in powder. And im one of the few that loooved 05 model 133. I bought a buuunch of it real cheap right after it came out. It was so hot it scared folks. Last time i shot it i won the arkansas state championship. Still got some left too!

Back