Spoting Scope?

D

Duey1267

Im looking for opinions on the best spotting scope for 1000yd +and the best place to get one? Thanx! Duey

I don't know the best but I really like the Swarovski HD's. The new nikon is pretty nice too. If your in PA the Amishman at Lost Creek Shoe shop in Mifflintown has a nice selection and will take the time to set up outside so you can do a side by side comparrison. He has a really nice selection. Heck he might even have a nice used set up so you could save a few bucks.

The review on 6mmbr is a good one. To the scopes listed and discussed there, I would add the Konus spotter, especially the 80mm version, as one to look at. Konus is a mid-level but low cost alternative to the $$$ scopes reviewed in teh article. I own the 80mm Zeiss, and the Konus is close in clarity to the Zeiss.

JeffVN

The Swaro is the best, hands down in my opinion. I've spent an awful lot of time looking through one and it amazes me every time. I could see 6mm in a white laundry jug @ 960 yds w/it. Don't know if you can do better than that. Shoot me an email if your wanting one. I know just the place you can pick one up.

Over the counter.....LICEA ....hands down. Custom....there are a few guys building custom glass using two spotting scopes. I see that Bruce Baer shows them on his web site. Look under "BIG EYES" on the left side of his home page. I'm sure that there is someone else out there if you want something like that, but why bother. I'm sure it won't get any better than what Bruce makes!!

Back