sporter

H

hailey

don't know all the rules on this sport yet,so whats the differance between the sporter gun and the other classes and what is the barrel diameter on the sporter..

the rules are

you have to read them.
click on the benchrest central home at the top of the page
then go to ara ir 5050 rba then click on the rules. if you
get lost come back and we'll try again. that's how i learned.
if you get confused come back here and someone will
be glad to explain what you can't figure out. good luck.
i printed mine it's simpler.

The two associations that have sporter class have slightly different rules. As suggested above, check the RBA and IR 50/50 sites for specifics. Magazines, stock shape and material, and saftys are some of the things to take note of.

You should really decide what organization you will shoot before building a sporter. RBA rules differ by some big differences when compared to IR 50/50. Also keep in mind that RBA has changed there rules (not posted on the web yet) to not needing a magazine or safety. If you want to shoot both organization build it to IR specs as they are the strictest.

Rob

Hailey,
The wonderful thing about ARA is you don't have to worry. Bring what you have and compete. It is as great thing because you don't have to think about two or more guns shooting a multitude of different ammos and just plain SIMPLE. Not easy, but simple. Gun weights, barrel diameters or lengths, etc.......they don't matter. Just bring what you have.

Carp

Back