Sporter 10 Shot IR50/50 Nationals

tonykharper

IR 50/50, 10 Shot, Sporter Nationals

Congratulations Wayne Wills, 2018 Sporter 10 Shot National Champion!

This was the very first one ever held and it was a great shoot.

Yes, we shot 7.5 lb sporters with 6.5 power scopes in the pouring rain and enjoyed every minute of it!

Can’t wait for next year.

Great shooting Wayne!!

TKH

Last edited:
congratulations wayne!!!
On becoming a new grandfather! Better than a match win anyway!

Last edited:
Congrats to Bruce Hornstein who won the match after protests. It was a very close match.
Wayne

Let me try again. Congratulations to Bruce Hornstein for shooting a great 10 Shot Nationals. This makes Bruce the very first IR 50/50 10 Shot Sporter Nationals Champion.

TKH

Last edited:
Congratulations Bruce!!!
And to all that shot well. Sounds like a fun match.
Keith

Last edited:
Congratulations Bruce!!!
And to all that shot well. Sounds like a fun match.
Keith

Thanks, Keith. It was the most fun I've had at a match in a while.

You've asked before about this 10-SHOT and this Saturday was the perfect example of what makes it fun and also brings new challenges to this sport.

I went from last after target 1 to first after target 2. It was back and forth see-saw after that.

It's the only game that really lets you make up ground after you've figured out what's going on out there. You don't have to hope someone drops a shot or two and leaves the door open for you. You can pull out a big target and leap-frog other shooters. It can also be very frustrating when you're dancing all around that dot and not getting any X's. A zero is a zero... whether it's close to the dot or a minus 3.

It's a shame more shooters aren't giving it a try... I truly believe they'd see how much fun it is.

To that end I really hope you plan to make it down to the Indoor Sporter 10-SHOT Nationals December 15 at Piney Hill. Great format- 5 targets in one day.

Bruce

Thanks, Keith. It was the most fun I've had at a match in a while.

You've asked before about this 10-SHOT and this Saturday was the perfect example of what makes it fun and also brings new challenges to this sport.

I went from last after target 1 to first after target 2. It was back and forth see-saw after that.

It's the only game that really lets you make up ground after you've figured out what's going on out there. You don't have to hope someone drops a shot or two and leaves the door open for you. You can pull out a big target and leap-frog other shooters. It can also be very frustrating when you're dancing all around that dot and not getting any X's. A zero is a zero... whether it's close to the dot or a minus 3.

It's a shame more shooters aren't giving it a try... I truly believe they'd see how much fun it is.

To that end I really hope you plan to make it down to the Indoor Sporter 10-SHOT Nationals December 15 at Piney Hill. Great format- 5 targets in one day.

Bruce

Very well said Bruce.

There aren't many chances left to shoot 10 Shot this year so I hope everyone will make plans to attend the few matches left. I must warn you if you shoot it enough you will get hooked.

10 Shot does not replace Sporter, 3 Gun, or the Unlimited Classes, it just adds another dimension to your shooting experience. It is a fun game from the first shot until the last.

The birth of Rimfire Benchrest (RFBR) started with BR 50. This game was called "THE MEANEST GAME IN TOWN". It was tough, 50 targets in 30 minutes, then add in penalties for rifles weighing more than 12 pounds and you had a tough game.

With the 50 targets in 30 minutes you were forced to shoot whatever conditions were out there, you didn't have time to pick a condition and just shoot it.

BR 50 was so tough, it was fun.

10 Shot is like that, it is so tough it is fun.

Try it, you might like it more than you think.

TKH

Back