SpamBot attack !!

Wilbur

cook and bottle washer
The forum is currently experiencing a "registration" attack via automated bots. Some 2500+ registrations got in before I realized what was happening. Put a countermeasure in place and out of the last 600 or so attempts only 7 were registered. Problem is, I haven't found a common trait in the registration info to identify which are real and which are Memorex. I currently have new registrations turned off until I figure out a solution.

Not more than 10 or so know what the Memorex statement is referencing.
Cool.

FB,
Hello.
"Is it real or is it Memorex." I thinking that the 10 or so would be the guys who know what a LP is and still have them.

As one of the youngest of this forum of elders I am familiar with the reference, too....wait. Sorry.
AS ONE OF THE YOUNGEST OF THIS FORUM OF ELDERS I AM FAMILIAR WITH THE REFERENCE, TOO.:p

Good luck with the spambots, Wilbur.
I did have some vinyl around for a while, even a couple cassette tapes for a bit, but have no means to play them anymore.

This whole interweb thing is really taking off, eh?!

Mike

When they stopped

putting in record players in cars I had to resort to a new gizmo, an '8-track player' to listen to my favorites...

As one of the youngest of this forum of elders I am familiar with the reference, too....wait. Sorry.
AS ONE OF THE YOUNGEST OF THIS FORUM OF ELDERS I AM FAMILIAR WITH THE REFERENCE, TOO.:p

Good luck with the spambots, Wilbur.
I did have some vinyl around for a while, even a couple cassette tapes for a bit, but have no means to play them anymore.

This whole interweb thing is really taking off, eh?!

Mike

Radio shack still sells cassett players. My daughter bought me one recently .

Well I'm not old (so I think) and I've still got tapes and vinyl (just bought a few new vinyl albums in the last few months) and I've still got the tape player and a record player. :cool::cool: just something about the sound of vinyl compared to CD's.......Ian

Heard Mama Cass's Dream a little Dream digitally recently & like the purification of many converted vinyls, they've deleted the buzz from a finger running down the guitar string. Probably done by the same crew that airbrushes & photoshops.

Remember when celebrities were real people & the mistakes added color?

Back