Something a little different...

U

unclebird

I've been trying to get a T/C G2 "benchrest worthy"(240's). It has T/C's match .22 in 14". I know break actions aren't the best choice, but it seems like this one should shoot better? I've heard that DJ and some others have shot pistols well, but I can't seem to get a consistant hold on the gun. I'm thinking some sort of weight under the bipod would help. It just seemed like something fun to tinker with (an excuse to spend more $$$). I hope a little change of topic is refreshing also.

Brad

I've tried a bipod

unclebird,
I've tried a bipod on several guns, one of them a TC contender carbine with two different barrels. The last rifle is a 270 Rem 700 that's been bedded & tuned.

None of the rifles would shoot up to their potential with the bipod. I'm shooting from a concrete bench & the legs of the bipod seem to hop around on the bench from the recoil on the 270. It looks like the guns are "two grouping".

Put a flat plate on the fore end and shoot from a proper front rest. See if it shoots better than with the bipod.
Regards, Ron

Calfee XP Pistol rest set-up

Brad, below is a rest set up I use when competing with my XP's. It seems to work well and these pistols are very competitive. They are just a lot of fun to shoot.:):)

2005_ARA_Nationals.JPG

Calfee XP Personal # 8

Mike Sherrill

uncle bird

you will need a two point lockup on the gun. try a front rest with a squeeze top to hold the front of the gun and a bag of some sort under the but.

it will have to be held firm, especially, at the beguinning of recoil. i'm sure you or someone here, can figgure it out.

it is interesting, got a few of those. would like to try it. please keep us posted..

..ttfn..grampa..

I've been trying to get a T/C G2 "benchrest worthy"(240's). It has T/C's match .22 in 14". I know break actions aren't the best choice, but it seems like this one should shoot better? I've heard that DJ and some others have shot pistols well, but I can't seem to get a consistant hold on the gun. I'm thinking some sort of weight under the bipod would help. It just seemed like something fun to tinker with (an excuse to spend more $$$). I hope a little change of topic is refreshing also.

Brad

You might wander over to rimfirecentral. I believe there's some stuff over there on the fellow that makes the "BR" TC guns in both rf and cf. You might find something usefull. I met him this summer where he shot a 6PPC version at an IBS match, nice guy.

Thanks for all of the input. I'm just looking for a shortcut to find a shooter! I haven't spent alot of time with this gun,,,,,yet. I can tell it is VERY sensitive to the way it is held. I just need to find something that "I" can do consistantly.
In theory should a pistol want a higher or lower velocity ammo?

Thanks to all,
Brad

Back